All breeders I know would be against breeding any color against the AKC standards.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For sure no reputable breeder will breed wrong colour dog. It is prohibited by the national Codes of behaviour of breeders.
To be honest with you, in most European kennel clubs English bulldog with solid black colour would be never even registered (breeder wouldnāt even bring him to club) because getting a puppy like this can mean 2 things -
1) dam or sire have other than bulldog blood somewhere in bloodline, that means bad heritage, even if all other puppies look normal, bloodline can have surprises
2) unwanted mating happened to dam and black puppy is not purebred
third possible option is a mutation, but not very likely. Occasional mutation usually produces solid black in Bulldogs as far as I know.
None of these two options is good for the breeder reputation. So, first of all, no breeder would even bring a puppy like this to kennel club to register. They would sell him as a pet quality puppy without pedigree.
But here in the US I see a lot of experimenting with other bloods mixed into EB - pitties, Olde, Rottweiler etc to get unusual sizes and colours like tricolour etc. In Europe it is more traditional. I donāt know which approach is better, keeping bloodline clean produces more typical EB, but with more health issues. Mixing may give them potentially better health, but will always carry a surprise- how the puppy will turn when he or she is grown up. Questions, questions...