Affordable Dog Bed

Romiyoyo

May 5, 2022
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Romeo
Hi everyone,

I've been looking into buying a new dog bed for my EBG. I bought him a $300 dog bed, but it's wearing down and becoming disgusting from his barfing, chewing on snacks, and scratching the bed. I tried to clean it, but it gets tedious. I didn't realize that you can't wash a foam dog bed in the washer, so I've been washing it outside, which takes a while for the bed to dry.

My question is, does anyone know where to find a waterproof/scratch-proof dog bed that is a little cheaper than $300? It doesn't necessarily have to be waterproof, I just want it to be easier to clean. Thanks!"

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I once spent a couple hundred dollars on a dog bed and never again...especially with multiple dogs! I sometimes grab beds at places like HomeGoods, TJ Maxx or Marshalls since they are fairly inexpensive and I just make sure I can either throw the whole thing in the washer or that it can be taken apart and thrown in. My dogs love donut shaped beds and like bolsters that they can rest their heads on. I also have a Coolaroo bed that is outside on the deck so that is waterproof and sturdy but they don't lay or sleep on it.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@Romiyoyo Carhart bed is on sale at Academy Sports for 66 or 69.00. They usually have a zipper if you need to take cover off to wash. Carhart is pretty tough material.Same material as the jacket. The jackets last forever!

Last edited:

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
100% recommend MrWagz Minkie Mats, weā€™ve machine washed ours dozens of times and you canā€™t tell they arenā€™t brand new (we have three)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi everyone,

I've been looking into buying a new dog bed for my EBG. I bought him a $300 dog bed, but it's wearing down and becoming disgusting from his barfing, chewing on snacks, and scratching the bed. I tried to clean it, but it gets tedious. I didn't realize that you can't wash a foam dog bed in the washer, so I've been washing it outside, which takes a while for the bed to dry.

My question is, does anyone know where to find a waterproof/scratch-proof dog bed that is a little cheaper than $300? It doesn't necessarily have to be waterproof, I just want it to be easier to clean. Thanks!"
Costco has them round ones. Last forever. I do throw a blanket on top or a special made cover my daughter in law made. But old blanket works fine.

LunatheEB

May 3, 2023
Shelton, Connecticut
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
Hi everyone,

I got a cot style bed with a removable tent. And then I just give Luna blankets/towels old sweaters lol because they get gross and I just toss them. I cut up old blankets and comforters. I get them from family and friends. The cot can be folded up also for travel. Itā€™s the only bed that Luna canā€™t chew up or pee on or puke on and ruin it lol. The optional tent is great for weather, sun or wind blocking. Rain or snow.
IMG_0109.jpeg
IMG_0109.jpeg

LunatheEB

May 3, 2023
Shelton, Connecticut
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
That was the first day and itā€™s still in the same conditionā€¦she had a nasty hot spot that was oozing and it was all over her last bed that was fuzzy and memory foam. I tossed it, I definitely was not washing that thing the same place I wash my clothes lol. Luna will sometimes knock the blanket off and just lay on the cot. The coolness probably feels good to her.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I once spent a couple hundred dollars on a dog bed and never again...especially with multiple dogs! I sometimes grab beds at places like HomeGoods, TJ Maxx or Marshalls since they are fairly inexpensive and I just make sure I can either throw the whole thing in the washer or that it can be taken apart and thrown in.
This is exactly what we do. We used to have some foam mattress beds and the foam could be removed and outer cover washed. To prevent the foam part from getting nasty we would remove it when new and wrap it in a heavy garbage bag and then reassemble.

Members online

No members online now.