What brought you to English Bulldog News?

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I love all these stories. EBN is special in that all the people here who make it that way are here for the dogs and don't let differences of opinion or pettiness get in the way of that.

I found EBN under pure panic of suddenly having a EB puppy and not knowing what to do. Once we had decided to get one, I did tons of research and reading beforehand, but we were expecting to get an older rescue, so I ignored puppy stuff. We applied for a rescue, but got denied twice. Heartbroken, my husband started researching puppies. I was so worried because I had read about scams and bad breeders. He came across a breeder and we liked the look of her puppies and she had the parents onsite and invited us over to see everything, so we felt those were good signs. We went just to "look" at the puppies and her place, then of course we fell in love and walked out with a puppy. Once we started driving, pure panic set in as we realized we had nothing. Luckily we made it to Petsmart right before they closed and grabbed what we thought. The very next day, I started googling "English Bulldog information" and stumbled across EBN. I lurked, just reading posts and got enough info to know we had to make another run to Petsmart. Then I joined (I think in October of 2010) and lurked some more, just reading everything I could. I was too shy to post, but I was able to solve many of the puppy issues we came across (diarrhea, teething, throwing up) thanks to EBN. I had previous experience with pugs, so I understood wrinkle and fold care and breathing issues. But the allergies and food issues were a whole new ballgame and thanks to EBN, we became aware of dog food quality and ingredients... and finally found a food that Frank thrived on. We also found a great vet when we lived in CA thanks to EBN.
But across all that reading, I realized EBN was truly a special site with supportive and kind members. I eventually posted here and there, but it took me nearly a year and a half to get comfortable enough to post regularly. But that is usually how long it takes me to be comfortable enough around people to call them friends! :hug:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I was doing research on Eb's and why they STUNK so bad!! :blush2: I found EBN and joined June of 2010, I am also not a forum person but I had a burning question...The very first post I posted was "Why does my bulldog stink so bad?" I was flooded with answers...all of them being "What food are you feeding him" I thought What in the world does food have to do with him stinking so bad?? I am serious my whole house stunk, the minute you walked in my front door you could smell Vegas. At the time I was feeding him Iams...again :ashamed:. I stuck around the forum and learned about foods and bullys, along with other helpful information. I did a slow food change and was absolutely amazed with the difference. I actually wrote an article on this site under Food then and now. Vegas had open sores on his face and was just full of allergies and yeast. Within about 5 weeks of the food change I had a new bully!!!!! I fell in love with the forum and all the wonderful members, I felt right at home and knew it was where we belonged, I mean seriously who knows the love you feel for your bully like another bully lover?? :luv:

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I joined December 2010 Shortly after I got dozer. I was having typical puppy issues and a few health issues. I had found another forum first and HATED it . So glad I found you guys :hug:

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
I happened to come upon EBN right before I got Beef. I had never owned an EB and thought I should really educate myself before I brought him home. I couldn't ask for a better group of teachers!

A

Alaskasmom1

I was searching for ANYTHING that would make me a great Bully mom. I had only owned Boxers for the past 13-14 yrs. when the last one passed from old age, I got Tank. Then I got Alaska. My husband is a Boat Captain and is gone away often. I love the companionship and challenge of Bully's. Mostly I love them as family members. The info I have gotten on this forum is invaluable. I have learned a lot over the past three yrs of researching and owning my two dogs. I don't even look anywhere else anymore except here. Someone always has an answer for me or interesting reading. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341983979.986564.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1341984012.755238.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1341984034.254921.jpg

Tank and Alaska Blue (Aka "Iddy" as in "Iddy Biddy")

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
I found EBN while researching about EB's about 1-2 months prior to getting Watson. Hands down, the best website/community on the planet

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I just wanted to learn everything there is to know about my Usko's wonderful breed and stumbled on this sight. I still google "english bulldog" now and then, but this is hand down the best sight I've found or even expect to find anymore.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I found EBN after looking for answers about Aubrey's digestive and tear stain problems. It was truly a blessing!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ooooooh! How did I miss this??

Well..it was a dark and stormy night...I was signed up on another bulldog forum. (:cursing:). And it was the first forum I had ever done..:yes: ..it's true...I was a Forum Virgin! I joined them in January..about a week before Jake was to come home..I read and just lurked mostly..but when Jake came home..I did an introduction and started asking questions! I found the people there (not all..but too many) to be very mean! They chastised me for buying a mistake of the universe dog! :eek: I was astonished but still didn't leave..then one day one of the "Meanies" ...just jumped into a poor newbie and yelled at her or asking a question that had been asked before! :eek: I couldn't bite my tongue any longer and called the guy a bad name..Starts with A..and ends with SS...:angel:.. Then all heck broke loose..and a very nice member there came to my defense and a lot of us who had joined up at the same time! She announced she was leaving that forum because of how they were treating all of us new Bully owners. She let us know she was searching for a new forum..and guess what? It was EBN! That wonderful friend of mine and about 12 others who followed her is [MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION]. She led me through the initial figuring things out..because I'm not very techy! :ROFL: Soooo..that was March of 2011 and about 8000 posts ago! :faint: how will I ever thank her! And how will some here..ever forgive her! :tease: I'm very thankful for the wonderful friends I've made and because of this place..Jake is a much happier..healthier Bully! ..Muah Karen!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Hard to think back so far. :lol: I had been on other forums and kinda drifted off for one reason or another. Ran across ebn on Facebook and realized how much at home i was almost instantly. The rest is history really. What has kept me here was how diff ebn is from all the rest. The family atmosphere, lack of attacking for every little thing etc... I Hate the high school drama that seems to be everywhere else and i love that Lisa has worked so hard to try and keep it away from here. ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
My husband was searching the web for pics and stumbled across EBN and so showed me and I joined and I have been so grateful ever since that day as I just love the sight, and all the help and tips and of course a good laugh at times.
Thanks EBN

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Ooooooh! How did I miss this??

Well..it was a dark and stormy night...I was signed up on another bulldog forum. (:cursing:). And it was the first forum I had ever done..:yes: ..it's true...I was a Forum Virgin! I joined them in January..about a week before Jake was to come home..I read and just lurked mostly..but when Jake came home..I did an introduction and started asking questions! I found the people there (not all..but too many) to be very mean! They chastised me for buying a mistake of the universe dog! :eek: I was astonished but still didn't leave..then one day one of the "Meanies" ...just jumped into a poor newbie and yelled at her or asking a question that had been asked before! :eek: I couldn't bite my tongue any longer and called the guy a bad name..Starts with A..and ends with SS...:angel:.. Then all heck broke loose..and a very nice member there came to my defense and a lot of us who had joined up at the same time! She announced she was leaving that forum because of how they were treating all of us new Bully owners. She let us know she was searching for a new forum..and guess what? It was EBN! That wonderful friend of mine and about 12 others who followed her is @BabyDuke. She led me through the initial figuring things out..because I'm not very techy! :ROFL: Soooo..that was March of 2011 and about 8000 posts ago! :faint: how will I ever thank her! And how will some here..ever forgive her! :tease: I'm very thankful for the wonderful friends I've made and because of this place..Jake is a much happier..healthier Bully! ..Muah Karen!

best thing we ever did!! :heart::jumpdance:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.