Vegetables

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
I want to add a little more vegetables to Geoffs diet, is it safe to add a cup of frozen vegetables from a supermarket bought bag. It is already chopped and frozen . Itā€™s got carrots, broccoli, cauliflower , green beans and peas. As mentioned previously he is on raw complete boneless beef and I add 2 doses of probiotics powder?
im guessing if safe just measure out night before let it defrost over night and add to main

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Raw boneless beef? If youā€™re feeding raw, you need the meat, bone and organs. General rule is 80/10/10. I personally wouldnā€™t give peas. I read somewhere sometime back that in order for veggies to maintain their nutrition, they needed to be purĆ©ed or something like that. Louieā€™s raw that he gets already has veggies. Jaxā€™s raw is prey model and he does fine without the veggies. I give raw veggies just as a little treat whenever Iā€™m cutting any up for myself.

OP
D

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
Raw boneless beef? If youā€™re feeding raw, you need the meat, bone and organs. General rule is 80/10/10. I personally wouldnā€™t give peas. I read somewhere sometime back that in order for veggies to maintain their nutrition, they needed to be purĆ©ed or something like that. Louieā€™s raw that he gets already has veggies. Jaxā€™s raw is prey model and he does fine without the veggies. I give raw veggies just as a little treat whenever Iā€™m cutting any up for myself.
Geoff had an intolerance test and it said he could be intolerant to beef bone thatā€™s why I have chosen a complete that doesnā€™t contain beef bone. His complete contains vegetables but it was just a thought to expand his meals and include more variety. He is on a elemination diet. He appears to be doing well on beef protein

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Geoff had an intolerance test and it said he could be intolerant to beef bone thatā€™s why I have chosen a complete that doesnā€™t contain beef bone. His complete contains vegetables but it was just a thought to expand his meals and include more variety. He is on a elemination diet. He appears to be doing well on beef protein
Veggies are fine, but not necessary as Citty mentioned there are a few to avoid, but as a treat they can have mostā€¦. my guys get pieces here and there when Iā€™m cooking. They are also on raw which I buy from a local small business

nohelp

Jan 17, 2021
Texas panhandle
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aspin
I want to add a little more vegetables to Geoffs diet, is it safe to add a cup of frozen vegetables from a supermarket bought bag. It is already chopped and frozen . Itā€™s got carrots, broccoli, cauliflower , green beans and peas. As mentioned previously he is on raw complete boneless beef and I add 2 doses of probiotics powder?
im guessing if safe just measure out night before let it defrost over night and add to main
My Aspin, eats broccoli frozen from the bag and loves it. She had to go to vet and he said that the broccoli was fine for her to eat.

OP
D

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
I put some green beans in meal and he ate everything around them and left them. He doesnā€™t like banana, strawberry, raspberry, cucumber ā€¦ basically dislikes all fruit and veg unless itā€™s already in his complete meal šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ he is a weirdo

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I put some green beans in meal and he ate everything around them and left them. He doesnā€™t like banana, strawberry, raspberry, cucumber ā€¦ basically dislikes all fruit and veg unless itā€™s already in his complete meal šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ he is a weirdo
LOL.... they not dumb! too funny. Our first bulldog was like that, would eat around anything that was not "his" food. regardless of how we tried to add or hide it.... he worked around and spit it out

RalphTheBulldog

Aug 30, 2019
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
My Ralph loves carrots, peas and broccoli.

Attachments

• CB43FDB4-DFFA-4BD8-A401-68BFE8C76063_4_5005_c.jpeg
    CB43FDB4-DFFA-4BD8-A401-68BFE8C76063_4_5005_c.jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 92

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
If it's already a "Complete" pre-made raw, I wouldn't add anything to it unless it's just for occasional treats or to address a specific nutritional need.

Adding stuff to it changes the nutritional balance of the "Complete" food and so you're putting a lot of money for an easy complete nutrition meal and then add more money to put it out of balance. It doesn't make sense.

If you like tinkering with his food (giving it variety), you could make your own complete meal. You could save money doing this and it can be made more precise to your specific dog's need.

Staff online

Members online