Things I have found useful with very old/terminal bully

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
Just passing these on for what they are worth:

(a) Problems with peeing at night (an intermittent problem) - carry him out last thing at night and first thing in the morning; put a plastic sheet on top of the foam mattress he usually sleeps on and a sleeping bag laid flat and duvet on top of that - which were enough to catch the pee and easier to wash; one thing which did not work were (human) adult diapers - even after experimenting with size (he sort of fits an adult medium) we could not keep them on him.

(b) Stick to a routine - even more than usual he (now blind and after a stroke) liked the consistency of routine.

(c) Eating - it did help for a short while to change his diet - he stopped eating some other food but liked chicken till near the end.

(d) Meds - the suggestion by 2BullyMama to put his meds in ice cream was a godsend, when he wouldn't take them any other way (put one tramadol in a teaspoon and pushed it into his mouth)

(e) Drink - it helped to have a syringe and squeeze water in his mouth (sideways, not down his throat) in his final days.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Crying while reading, but what great advice to anyone needing it. thank you

TooTooMommy

Jun 17, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meaty, Sophie, & sometimes fosters
First of all, I'm very sorry for your loss (( hugs )) :(
Thank you for these helpful hints; I will remember these when/if we might need them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.