General Question Socialization

SidNBear

Apr 11, 2021
Houston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
So we want bear to be super sociable, we had to rehome our last dog due to some concerning aggressive behaviors with strangers, other dogs and in the end, us. That hit us all really hard and so Iā€™m always trying to get bear completely used to everything. We have a 5 year old German Shepard/Belgian Malinois mix female named Emma that we have had since she was 7 weeks old. (She has also been fixed since she was 1) Emma lives with my sister in Dallas (she went for college and took Em with as the house we were renting didnā€™t allow dogs). My sister and her boyfriend are coming to stay for a week in June and will be bringing Emma, I know Emma is wonderful with other dogs especially small ones I just want to know what steps I can take for bear to get used to her presence, heā€™s not a shy puppy by any means but he hasnā€™t seen another dog as long as heā€™s been with us, mainly due to the parvo situation and fear of getting some other sickness from dogs while his immune system is getting back together. I just want my two babies to get along really, and once he does that I think when we go to Dallas it will be easier to meet the other dogs, my aunt has two and my cousins also have two this is a word dump but yā€™all get the idea okay thank you!!
0ec5241798dd83453bbe9db82e2770f6.jpeg

This is miss Emma for anyone wondering!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She is a beautiful girl!!!

As a puppy they are very curious and will want to play with any dog the more you socialize after there is all better and his immune system stronger going to training classes is big because you want them as puppies to be as social as possible so after heā€™s about four months old you should be looking to get him into a training class to socialize with other dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/Christine... when all his vaccinations are finished take him to puppy classes!!!

OP
SidNBear

SidNBear

Apr 11, 2021
Houston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Yes we are planning on! I want him to be the most well behaved gentleman hahaha, my parents are obsessed with him and due to some bad experiences my parents most likely will not let anyone watch him so we will be taking him with us everywhere. The time they are coming he will have just turned 4 months and get this final round of shots, so we are hopeful that he and emma will get along well before we take him to a class. Also what kind of class would yā€™all recommend? Iā€™m thinking puppy and maybe obedience but maybe they are one and the same, Emma was a piece of cake to train and bear has proved to be a little stubborn hahahaha

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Puppy class is for socializing and basic commands. There should be a building block of classes over 8 weeks with puppy being first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.