Shedding woes

Firebyrd

Dec 30, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Domino
Domino is 5 months and sheds like crazy. His mom came over to play with him and I noticed her coat was really short. My questions is, when will the madness stop?

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Belle didn't shed until about a month ago. As soon as the weather turned warm she started shedding like crazy. I brush her daily and she's on a super high quality food so I'm praying that it's just a season. Is your pup on a good food? If so it may just be the change in temps.

OP
F

Firebyrd

Dec 30, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Domino
He's on Natural Choice puppy food.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I don't know. My Bella has been on Fromms since I got her at 9 weeks in early December. The breeder had her on Canidea. I put coconut oil, fish oil, and apple cider vinegar in her food. She's sheds like crazy. I've pretty much given up at this point. My car, home, and body are just constantly filled with dog fur.

I will say that I *just* started her on Fromms Lamb and Lentil (grain free) after feeding her Fromms puppy, so maybe that'll make a difference. I sure hope so!

Good luck to you!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
it is a time of year that they are 'blowing their coats'... happens twice a year and what helps is daily (outside) brushing) and a good high quality food does lessen it, but they have to do it twice a year .... nature :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
All dogs shed! Some more than others. Over the years, I have found that short haired dogs shed more than long haired. It is also the time of the years when they shed-due to change of seasons. I recently got a Furminator, and it sure works great! Never really thought it worked as well as it does, until I saw comments here.

OP
F

Firebyrd

Dec 30, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Domino
Furminator, I'll look that up.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online