Our Bully is 11. She's had minor ear issues all her life (which I think is somewhat typical for bullies) but this last year it's been quite bad. My partner gentle cleans her ear out every couple of days and uses a cleaner with some steroid in it but it doesn't seem to be doing much. We can tell the cleaning routine is really starting to irritate her it's having less and less of an effect. Pretty much every night when we go to bed she has an itching fit where she is doing anything she can to scratch her ear.
Anyways, anyone else deal with something similar? Our vet hasn't be able to help us out much with this issue.
What are you feeding her??
She could have allergies or just have yeast overgrowth.
More probiotics and less carbs help with the yeast issues.
One of my dogs, she has a habit of scratching her ears since she had a hematoma(she is a Golden retriever), and she had a lot of yeast issues.
And my French Bulldog, he is allergic to his own yeast, I give them all probiotics, and I give Bovine Colostrum(I buy the Four Leaf Rover brand), and thatās done wonders for the Frenchie and now also my Golden Retriever. Less scratching and the golden retriever used to have to wear the cone 24/7 from constant scratching from yeast issues.
I also switched them to raw diet, which has hardly any carbs(carbs feed the yeast, causing more itchy).
The vet had no idea why both my dogs were itching and especially the golden retriever, the drops they told us to use did nothing.
I recently tried a new āProbiotic Ear Cleanerā called āSkouts Honor Probiotic Ear Clenaerā as maintenance.
I highly recommend trying the Bovine Colostrum Powder supplement, give it 30 minutes BEFORE you give them breakfast cause itās better absorbed and works better on empty stomach, they just lick the powder by itself out of the dish. Then you wait at least 30 minutes(or longer) before you feed them breakfast or treats.
Also probiotics would be beneficial.
What are you feeding??