New puppy

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Porkchop passed away last July and I wasn't sure if I could get another dog. He was a special little guy. Well, I went to a dog show in August, just to look...(LOL) I saw a beautiful red bulldog and asked the lady a few questions, told her a little about Pork and maybe...maybe thinking of getting another. She had a litter due in a month and gave me her number. We stayed in touch and well, I got a little boy. He came home Monday and today he was christened "Tebow". He's a playful, cuddly little gent and almost housebroken. He's 4 1/2 months old and had his first show last weekend. We're going to get back on the circuit. Yet most of all, he's my little man and I am so happy. I still miss Pork yet I have my memories of him.

Attachments

• Tebow-4 mos.jpg
    Tebow-4 mos.jpg
    667.4 KB · Views: 42

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ohhhhh Tebow a cutie‼️ CONGRATS‼️

So you going to do shows with Tebow?

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Oh my! Will you be at the Capital Bulldog Club show in March?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Congrats on your new baby! Will you be showing him yourself?

OP
paw7004

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Ohhhhh Tebow a cutie‼️ CONGRATS‼️

So you going to do shows with Tebow?
Yes! He comes from a long line of CH and GCH's and has good form. March will be a full month as we work on experience first in 4-6 month classes. Being retired, I thought we would do more than just hang out at Home Depot and the barn...

OP
paw7004

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Oh my! Will you be at the Capital Bulldog Club show in March?
Not sure yet. We've got Raleigh the 2nd week and Doswell the last 2 weeks. And as silly as it sounds, I'm chicken to drive over the bridge... His breeder (and my mentor now) is likely to go. Will you be there?

OP
paw7004

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Congrats on your new baby! Will you be showing him yourself?
Yes. Just hoping I don't trip over myself. I showed my dalmatians 30+ years ago so I hope I haven't lost all 'poise'. The local kennel club here is having conformation handling classes now & I plan on joining up to prep for upcoming shows. Tebow is only 4 months old and both of us need some training and practice.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure yet. We've got Raleigh the 2nd week and Doswell the last 2 weeks. And as silly as it sounds, I'm chicken to drive over the bridge... His breeder (and my mentor now) is likely to go. Will you be there?
Yes my 9yr old daughter will show at every Howard county show, and we will be at the specialty in bel Alton. Not sure if we will make Doswell yet. The only other planned show right now is in Morgantown, a hike for us but that’s where we meet up with our breeder and some mentors

Excited to run into you in the future! PM me your breeder’s name maybe we have already met

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes. Just hoping I don't trip over myself. I showed my dalmatians 30+ years ago so I hope I haven't lost all 'poise'. The local kennel club here is having conformation handling classes now & I plan on joining up to prep for upcoming shows. Tebow is only 4 months old and both of us need some training and practice.
So Ella was a Covid puppy and didn’t have her first show until she was 10 months and turned out to be a natural. I kept one of her puppies who had her first real show last month right at 6 months and 1 day and oh boy…she’s a wild child lol. Her next show is in a couple of weeks and right now I’m working on trying to just get her to stand still on the ramp. Then I’ll work on trying to stack her.

I’m excited for you and excited to hear how it all goes. Good luck and please keep us posted!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
This is great! Tebow is cute...those eyes are looking right through me! Have fun making the rounds and good luck.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Congratulations! @paw7004 Tebow is a beautiful boy,:love:and named after a good man. Best to you and he for your show career!

OP
paw7004

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Tebow was in a 4-6 month class Saturday and his competition was his brother, who took the ribbon. Both boys stood pretty well for being so young. I'm hooking up with the local kennel club to meet folks and they offer classes in conformation handling and obedience, etc. I'll hit the first handling class next week. In the meantime, Tebow likes to stand on my treadmill....so I'm using it to practice stacking him. The "strut" is done in the hallways because it is so bleeping cold outside! So far...not bad for a baby. There are some really good vids on YouTube on bulldog stacking plus a fellow named Will Alexander has a lot on how to show that have been helpful. Are you familiar with those?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I need to get Darla out more so she can get used to strangers touching her. Showing and stacking Ella is so easy compared to a 6 month old puppy lol. We did the 4-6 month puppy with Darla and her 2 brothers. The first day, her brother Kobe took breed and Darla took best opposite and then the next day Darla took breed and got 4th in group. Mind you there were only 5 puppies total. I was spoiled with how well Ella did when she first started showing and I was told not to expect that again but I still do lmao.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow was in a 4-6 month class Saturday and his competition was his brother, who took the ribbon. Both boys stood pretty well for being so young. I'm hooking up with the local kennel club to meet folks and they offer classes in conformation handling and obedience, etc. I'll hit the first handling class next week. In the meantime, Tebow likes to stand on my treadmill....so I'm using it to practice stacking him. The "strut" is done in the hallways because it is so bleeping cold outside! So far...not bad for a baby. There are some really good vids on YouTube on bulldog stacking plus a fellow named Will Alexander has a lot on how to show that have been helpful. Are you familiar with those?
Ok, I think I have run into her at the Doswell show last august, but we haven't memorably met yet. Her dogs are beautiful!

My daughter is still getting her feet wet. She has a lot of hobbies, lol. We've been pointed toward youtube videos before, but honestly, I haven't made time to sit with her to watch them. I will make a point of it soon. Catoctin Kennel Club by us has been wonderful, and she's recently joined the local 4H dog club and immediately volunteered for their club Historian slot. Did I mention She likes to over-fill her plate with hobbies?

Last edited:
OP
paw7004

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
I need to get Darla out more so she can get used to strangers touching her. Showing and stacking Ella is so easy compared to a 6 month old puppy lol. We did the 4-6 month puppy with Darla and her 2 brothers. The first day, her brother Kobe took breed and Darla took best opposite and then the next day Darla took breed and got 4th in group. Mind you there were only 5 puppies total. I was spoiled with how well Ella did when she first started showing and I was told not to expect that again but I still do lmao.
Congratulations! Those puppy classes are great introductions for them. I'm new to this but looking at past shows, there aren't usually many bulldog puppies in the 4-6 mos classes. I used to take Porkchop to Home Depot & Lowes for his 'people fix' but never Petsmart...just in case of diseases... Pork thought he was a rock star. He loved people fawning on him. Tebow's breeder even suggested HD & Lowe's as great for socialization. People see a bulldog and can't resist most of the time. As long as no one follows me to my car. I have a slight paranoia about someone trying to steal my dogs. Sort of...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.