New Champion-Vaughan's Cruz

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Otherwise known as "Tebow". We went down to Perry, Georgia last week for the Winter Wonderland Cluster, catching the last 4 days of shows. Tebow had 3 major wins back-to-back-to-back and completed his AKC conformation champion title. I'm so proud of this little boy. He's only 14 months old and only in the last couple of months has he matured enough to compete with "the big guys". I think his 'svelte' look from working towards his Fit Dog title helped. (Bulldogs shouldn't be blobs.) Now we're moving on to get his CGC, ATT, VHMA, Fit Dog and hopefully get involved in Barn Hunt and Rally in the coming year. These guys are not to be mistaken for 'couch potatoes'. On the FB Bulldog Performance page, there are so many involved in Agility, Rally, FAST Cat, Barn Hunt, Scent Work and Parkour. It's so interesting to see what these guys can do. DSC07719a.jpg

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
That's awesome! Tebow(even at 14 months) is a mighty handsome specimen. I see a lot more wins in his future as he seems to check all the boxes. When his head & chest finish growing, he's going to be hard to beat, in any ring.

OP
paw7004

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
That's awesome! Tebow(even at 14 months) is a mighty handsome specimen. I see a lot more wins in his future as he seems to check all the boxes. When his head & chest finish growing, he's going to be hard to beat, in any ring.
Yep, a broader head would be nice. His line are slow to develop in that. I'm told that he should be fully developed by 2 years. Not sure if we'll go full stop on GCH as the performance events just have us working more as a team. I want him to have some fun too!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Congratulation! I love it.... we will need to see some pictures or videos of him at work/fun!!

OP
paw7004

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Congratulations!! Thats awesome! My sister has two bulldogs that do dock diving, disc and barn hunts.
I've watched dock diving. Tebow absolutely hates baths (he know the word, I think, because as soon as I say "bath", he cowers and runs to his crate) so not sure how he'd do with dock diving or even where to test him out in water. But barn hunts...his nose shows potential.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
EXCELLENT! Don't forget to get him a TKN, it's easy once you've got the CGC.
Congratulations CHAMPION Tebow!
I've watched dock diving. Tebow absolutely hates baths (he know the word, I think, because as soon as I say "bath", he cowers and runs to his crate) so not sure how he'd do with dock diving or even where to test him out in water. But barn hunts...his nose shows potential.
There are a couple of places in the DMV that do it, I really want to get Beth and Millie (especially) into Dock Diving, but I haven't had enough time to go after it. Mandy sent me a couple places within an hour from here that do classes. The first main problem for Dock Diving is finding somewhere to get use to swimming and jumping.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Big congrats! Tebow is looking great! Darla is almost 17 months and has a great jaw and width of chest but still has a lot of growing/maturing she needs to do. She has a whole 1 point so far lol.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Holycowabunga……..Good job Tebow 👊

Ive said this numerous times n still, these dogs are not potato couches. If you train them in their puppy days to be active, they most certainly can go on long hikes, walks, running, play n more. They got to be well fed n keep them minerals in their bodies n especially like you’re doing keep them active so joints don’t deteriorate. Nyala is 8 n she still runs n plays hard. There are days she doesn’t want to go out but I boot her out n she starts getting into the mood. I know she’s 8 n I do see she’s has slow down a bit but I make a point she n Jake gets out there.

You’re doing a fantastic job with Tebow‼️

OP
paw7004

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
EXCELLENT! Don't forget to get him a TKN, it's easy once you've got the CGC.
Congratulations CHAMPION Tebow!
We've been working on some simple tricks. He picked up on your "paw bump" trick after 1/2 bag of treats! He's very food oriented. There are ladies in our kennel club that do a lot of the performance events and I'm getting more info on available trainers in the area. He's almost done with the Fit Dog and close to taking the CGC test. He has one task on the VHMA test that is hard for him yet otherwise has the other tasks mastered. (I need more people ringing my doorbell. LOL)

OP
paw7004

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Big congrats! Tebow is looking great! Darla is almost 17 months and has a great jaw and width of chest but still has a lot of growing/maturing she needs to do. She has a whole 1 point so far lol.
We sat on a single point for some months. And Lord, when his brother showed up at the same shows, he went crazy! If Bro was in sight, he was bouncing around the ramp like a jumping bean! I'm amazed that they remembered each other. So embarrassing & not good behavior to show a judge. LOL I'm told that Tebow's line are slow to fully physically mature so we'll stay off the conformation circuit for the time being until he's ready to compete with the "big boys".

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
We sat on a single point for some months. And Lord, when his brother showed up at the same shows, he went crazy! If Bro was in sight, he was bouncing around the ramp like a jumping bean! I'm amazed that they remembered each other. So embarrassing & not good behavior to show a judge. LOL I'm told that Tebow's line are slow to fully physically mature so we'll stay off the conformation circuit for the time being until he's ready to compete with the "big boys".
1/2 bag of treats! He's very food oriented….That will work lollll

Members online

No members online now.