My bully got dizzy.

Rjsquirly

Mar 29, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ozzy
Hi i have a 2 year old English bully named Ozzy. I'm a little concerned because last night we had company and he got really excited then suddenly stumbled and couldn't stand up. He almost seemed like he couldn't breath. This has happened once before also when he was overly excited. Could this be due to overheating?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Have you ever had his palate checked? He could have an elongated palate. Had his heart listened to? Does his tongue get a purple/blue hue to it, when this happens? This all would point to a lack of oxygen. There is also something called myotonia, which is a muscle condition, though very rare,can cause fainting,though conscious.(such as in fainting goats...also in humans).

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
yep, definately have his palate & heart checked, especially as it happens when he's really excited.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Agree with above but just a thought,,,,,,,,,,, My Shih Tzu when overly excited would have a mild seizure and stumble. I didn't recognize as such in the beginning but they sadly progressed. Just a wonderful thought to be conscious of.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi i have a 2 year old English bully named Ozzy. I'm a little concerned because last night we had company and he got really excited then suddenly stumbled and couldn't stand up. He almost seemed like he couldn't breath. This has happened once before also when he was overly excited. Could this be due to overheating?

I agree with the gang.... have his palate and heart checked -- getting overly excited and losing his breath is not something to wait on. Please keep us posted

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online