Meet Zuzu! Swollen Face, Irritated Paws and Rash Help

MB23

Feb 2, 2022
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zuzu
Hey Everyone! I am new here my husband and I have a three year english bulldog named Zuzu. We noticed the other day some swelling of one side of her face after she was aggressively scratching her face on anything she could get her paws on (the carpet, couch and her crate). We reached out to her breeder and were told to give her Benadryl. This morning she woke up with hives and a rash all over her belly and still consistent facial swelling.

Brought her to the emergency vet this morning she's breathing normal and otherwise being her happy self. They gave her a steroid shot and a shot of Benadryl. We hadn't changed anything diet, detergent etc. Possibly thinking if might be a reaction to the ice melt that our building as spread everywhere? She also gets a micro bubble bath once a month for her allergies but nothing like this has ever happened. Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image1 (8).jpeg
    image1 (8).jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 101
  • image0 (9).jpeg
    image0 (9).jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 105

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ice melt is full of chemicals. They use it here in certain cities n ruins vehicle’s paint. I suggest cleaning her paws n under her belly before entering the house.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This happen to our female twice… face fully swollen, red, eyes sealed…. Both times never identify the reason, it our vet thought it was a bug or spider bite

Members online

No members online now.