Looking for help about ear redness

dambalasek14

Jan 30, 2024
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Brody
Hey there EB parents,

I need some help with something. My buddy's got this ear issue, but it's just on one side of his ear, luckily. I came from a 2 week trip north of my country to attend my sister's funeral and when I came back he got this. :(

I wanna fix it quick before it spread to his body. Any ideas for any immediate relief? He keeps flinging with his ears and it's making him a bit stressed and irritated. Thanks a bunch for any advice!

427021255_935086078339576_2485926122448021088_n.jpg

426978240_1047693459641838_319681400380700446_n.jpg

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
You can try Zymox Otic. If itā€™s infected, sometimes itā€™s too deep and youā€™ll need a prescription but Iā€™d start with the Zymox. It would also be good to figure out the cause to eliminate future issues.

OP
dambalasek14

dambalasek14

Jan 30, 2024
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Brody
You can try Zymox Otic. If itā€™s infected, sometimes itā€™s too deep and youā€™ll need a prescription but Iā€™d start with the Zymox. It would also be good to figure out the cause to eliminate future issues.
I see. I think another vet visit. Thanks pal.

OP
dambalasek14

dambalasek14

Jan 30, 2024
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Brody
After I came home, I noticed this dandruff in hos body which is not there before I left. Maybe it has something to do with the on going infection in ear.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
After I came home, I noticed this dandruff in hos body which is not there before I left. Maybe it has something to do with the on going infection in ear.
Sorry for your loss.

Dandruff on body usually means dry house. Nyala, my brindle gets that often till I bought a humidifier 2years ago n up her fats. All 3 gets a raw egg a few times a week. I have chickens so itā€™s all organic n pasture raised. . Dandruff never came back. I leave it on all winter. For the ear, starts pink then goes red, is infected. Usually itā€™s what you feed your dog. What do you feed him?

Btw, for maintenance, I use Eco-Ear and I add 20drops of lavender essential oil in the bottle n shake well. Lavender helps reduce inflammation. Oil is from DoTerra online. You can buy EcoEar on amazon or directly from company. I attached the link below but make sure you buy it from US cause here in Canada itā€™s more expensive.

OP
dambalasek14

dambalasek14

Jan 30, 2024
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Brody
Sorry for your loss.

Dandruff on body usually means dry house. Nyala, my brindle gets that often till I bought a humidifier 2years ago n up her fats. All 3 gets a raw egg a few times a week. I have chickens so itā€™s all organic n pasture raised. . Dandruff never came back. I leave it on all winter. For the ear, starts pink then goes red, is infected. Usually itā€™s what you feed your dog. What do you feed him?

Btw, for maintenance, I use Eco-Ear and I add 20drops of lavender essential oil in the bottle n shake well. Lavender helps reduce inflammation. Oil is from DoTerra online. You can buy EcoEar on amazon or directly from company. I attached the link below but make sure you buy it from US cause here in Canada itā€™s more expensive.

Thank you dear human. Looks like he is allergic to the new dog food. I switched dog food 2 weeks ago since it's local and saw a lot of positive reviews. If it's worth mentioning I'm from Philippines, the humidity here is crazy at 50% in the afternoon and sitting at 70 to 80% at night. And yeah, most products you mentioned might not be available here. I wonder if a product called, Propiclean Oxymed Ear Cleaner for Dogs is a good alternative. Thank you once again.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you dear human. Looks like he is allergic to the new dog food. I switched dog food 2 weeks ago since it's local and saw a lot of positive reviews. If it's worth mentioning I'm from Philippines, the humidity here is crazy at 50% in the afternoon and sitting at 70 to 80% at night. And yeah, most products you mentioned might not be available here. I wonder if a product called, Propiclean Oxymed Ear Cleaner for Dogs is a good alternative. Thank you once again.
You would need to order it online. I donā€™t see why they wonā€™t ship to your country. That being said, make your own:

4oz of filtered water
4oz witch hazel
2oz mineral oil
12drops of lavender
8drops of tea tree
10drops of rosemary
8drops of oregano

These are essential oils n NOT the cooking kind!!!

OP
dambalasek14

dambalasek14

Jan 30, 2024
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Brody
You would need to order it online. I donā€™t see why they wonā€™t ship to your country. That being said, make your own:

4oz of filtered water
4oz witch hazel
2oz mineral oil
12drops of lavender
8drops of tea tree
10drops of rosemary
8drops of oregano

These are essential oils n NOT the cooking kind!!!
Thank you very much,

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Looks like it is infected... vet visit is needed, but also get the product Citty and Helene mention as they are good to have on e hand to address ear issue when they start to hopefully avoid future vet visits

Members online

No members online now.