Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No, but might consider it.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

John

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 7, 2015
Trying to get a rough estimate over how many people get pet insurance on their dog? Please take part in the poll! If you are considering it, please let us know what is the determining factor in your decision.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
The reason I said no is that all my pets have been rescues so therefore come with pre-existing conditions. The premiums would be out of sight for little coverage. We have a dedicated savings account so self-insure. It has worked very well for us and no paying premiums for a well dog!

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Getting pet insurance for my French Bulldog was the best thing I did when I bought him. As since he was 4-5 month of age, many health issues came up unfortunately.

Because of SO many vet bills(he is 4), they have cut me down to 50% coverage instead of 80% coverage but that’s way better than nothing.

RalphTheBulldog

Aug 30, 2019
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
Trying to get a rough estimate over how many people get pet insurance on their dog? Please take part in the poll! If you are considering it, please let us know what is the determining factor in your decision.
I pay £85 a month in the UK

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
No. I have a credit card for them. My rule of thumb on dogs which definitely works so far is how you feed your dog as a pup. Just like in human, you are what you eat. And most important, know where you dog comes from. Avoid backyard breeders, breeders don’t want to show you the parents or can’t be bothered answering your questions.

I feed them a raw diet, I use essential oils, always have NuStock n bag balm in the house.

jsygrls

Jul 17, 2020
Port Orange Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Charles Barkley aka "Bubba"
My guy is very healthy, but knowing how expensive Vet care can be, insurance gives us peace of mind. My coverage is 80%-20% with $800 deductible Includes a wellness package( helps with shots, flea\tick, bloodwork etc). Cost is $80.00 per month.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We do a "dog credit card" -- it is only used for them when needed.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
My guy is very healthy, but knowing how expensive Vet care can be, insurance gives us peace of mind. My coverage is 80%-20% with $800 deductible Includes a wellness package( helps with shots, flea\tick, bloodwork etc). Cost is $80.00 per month.

What pet insurance company is that?

Members online

No members online now.