couple of questions

LisaMojo

Mar 20, 2010
SW Missouri
Bulldog(s) Names
Winsten ChurcHell
Hello! This site is awesome! I have a couple of questions first our 4 month old boy had a belly button hernia and had it fixed at 8 weeks but it looks like it's coming back ? It's not flat and I'm pretty sure it's getting bigger is this common? Is he unable for breeding because of this? And does anyone else have a silent bulldog? Winsten has never made one sound not one no whine no bark nothing he just snores and snots that's all his breeder said he never made a sound for her either which I know WOO a silent dog but when your trying to housetrain a whine would sure be nice:)

Jefferson bulldogs

Feb 7, 2010
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
IZA Diva & Lots 'O Dots
Belly button hernias are quite common in bulldogs. Mom bulldogs are too aggressive when cleaning and if your puppy was free whelped the mom probably was too rough, its difficult for bullies because of the underbite. It would be more of an issue to breed if you had a female with a hernia. Just keep an eye on it sometimes it heals on its own actually most of the time it heals on its own. I had a puppy that had a hernia. I pushed on it gently often so when it closes inside the intestines dont get pinched. If it worries you too much just take him back in to the Vet to be evaluated again. I bet he is fine though. Also I have a puppy that is 6 months old and she never barks. She snores though. My Diva didnt start barking til she was about 1 year. Enjoy the quiet while it lasts.

OP
L

LisaMojo

Mar 20, 2010
SW Missouri
Bulldog(s) Names
Winsten ChurcHell
actually i'm looking foward to him barking it's one of things I like the best :)

Mugzilla

Mar 24, 2010
southern bell
Bulldog(s) Names
www.myspace.com/queenlatillyjo
I know WOO a silent dog but when your trying to housetrain a whine would sure be nice

door bell! as in a bell hanging on a door knob. :)

NONE of my dogs make any noise to let me know they need to go potty. i always have them on a schedule, but i finally got smart and put a bell on a piece of string (from a hobby shop-very cheap to do) and put it around the door knob. every time i'd take a puppy out to go potty, i'd knock the bell/string so that it would make a noise on my way out. a lot of pups/dogs eventually learn to nudge the bell/string to get you to open the door. it's been a very effective potty training tool for some foster dogs and pups.

let us know what works :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.