Other Cheli having palate surgery today

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Glad to hear he's doing well. Wondering why he's on gabapentin? That just helps with nerve pain, and is usually used along with an anti inflammatory drug and a narcotic, not by itself. With human surgery patients are commonly put on 2-3 days of gabapentin, celecoxib (anti-inflammatory), and hydromorphone (narcotic).

49873fd08a7ff59ccbb8571704eaddb5.jpg

He is home !!! Still a little tired, but all is well. He is on an antibiotic and gabapentin for 7 days... he goes back Wednesday for a check up.
So happy he is home --- thank you all again for the prayers, positive thoughts and well wishes.... you are all awesome!

[emoji8][emoji8][emoji847][emoji847]

Sorry so late... work was crazy, Lewis's car is in shop and pick up for The Gnat wasn't until 3:00.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Again? Ohhhhhh I'm so out of touch!!! Glad he's doing well mamma! Give him a smooch for me!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Glad to hear he's doing well. Wondering why he's on gabapentin? That just helps with nerve pain, and is usually used along with an anti inflammatory drug and a narcotic, not by itself. With human surgery patients are commonly put on 2-3 days of gabapentin, celecoxib (anti-inflammatory), and hydromorphone (narcotic).

Our vet tries to avoid narcotics so I'm not surprised with the Gabby.. i did expect an anti inflammatory but if he didn't prescribe then it must be he felt no need for it. If i see any signs of issue all i have to do is text him and I'll get what is needed--- I'm lucky to have a vet who is obsessed with his clients care ❤️

One thing I have noticed is he is RAVENOUS... actually got to Lambeau's food and nudged him out to eat his breakfast... he has never done anything like that

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
True, bullies have a huge tolerance for pain. I didn't give either of my bullies any pain killers after their spaying since one vet gave me an anti inflammatory and I didn't think it was safe to give as my bully wasn't eating and was throwing up. The other vet didn't prescribe anything. Cheli probably didn't need anything, vet probably just thought he should prescribe something to treat the mom :)

Our vet tries to avoid narcotics so I'm not surprised with the Gabby.. i did expect an anti inflammatory but if he didn't prescribe then it must be he felt no need for it. If i see any signs of issue all i have to do is text him and I'll get what is needed--- I'm lucky to have a vet who is obsessed with his clients care ❤️

One thing I have noticed is he is RAVENOUS... actually got to Lambeau's food and nudged him out to eat his breakfast... he has never done anything like that

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
vet probably just thought he should prescribe something to treat the mom :)

[emoji16][emoji106].... could be [emoji16]

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I was just checking in on you guys... glad to see he's home safe and sound. Hope you guys get some rest this crazy weekend!!! :usa:

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was just checking in on you guys... glad to see he's home safe and sound. Hope you guys get some rest this crazy weekend!!! :usa:

He is starting to get his spunk back so the difficult part begins--- keeping him settled for a week. :facepalm:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Checking in on y'all, must be feeling okay to steal Lambeau's food.

Bet Lamby wasn't happy with big bro ;)

Hoping y'all catch up on sleep, sending love & kisses, XOXO

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Checking in on y'all, must be feeling okay to steal Lambeau's food.

Bet Lamby wasn't happy with big bro ;)

Hoping y'all catch up on sleep, sending love & kisses, XOXO

Doing real good...

Bone night
332485b0dfffa09e2e403d48a1246d14.jpg

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
EXCELLENT!!!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank for all the support gang... very much appreciated ❤️

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.