Bob's surgery.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
He had his surgery on Wednesday, entropion, nares and soft palate. The difference in his breathing is remarkable. No more gulping in air and forcefully exhaling through his nose. I can't imagine how much better it feels for him. He is doing well, wearing the cone and crashing into everything in sight. He hasn't gained anymore weight which surprised us so we will up his food a bit. He is still pretty boney around his hind quarters.
I am having to watch what I am doing as he is very attached and focused on my husband. I need to stay firm with him so he doesn't try to control/ignore me, which I do believe he would, given half the chance. He is still new and all in all, a good boy. We are still keeping him separated from the cat although he can see him through the gate.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
He had his surgery on Wednesday, entropion, nares and soft palate. The difference in his breathing is remarkable. No more gulping in air and forcefully exhaling through his nose. I can't imagine how much better it feels for him. He is doing well, wearing the cone and crashing into everything in sight. He hasn't gained anymore weight which surprised us so we will up his food a bit. He is still pretty boney around his hind quarters.
I am having to watch what I am doing as he is very attached and focused on my husband. I need to stay firm with him so he doesn't try to control/ignore me, which I do believe he would, given half the chance. He is still new and all in all, a good boy. We are still keeping him separated from the cat although he can see him through the gate.
Wow, great update ❤️
Your husband is probably spoiling him. But hey, after what this boy went through. I would probably do the same. As you know Baby Steps. You’re a good bully mama……

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So good to hear he is recovery so well... good idea on staying focused on training, they take any open door they an

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Great News! I hope his recovery is fast and uneventful.
when a Bulldog starts to develop a "mommy-zone" with one family member, the other family member assumes the feeding role in the pack. If the MZ is already strong then the dog must be reset back to square one. This will require your husband to step up and show some tough love.
Hopefully it does not come to this.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Great News! I hope his recovery is fast and uneventful.
when a Bulldog starts to develop a "mommy-zone" with one family member, the other family member assumes the feeding role in the pack. If the MZ is already strong then the dog must be reset back to square one. This will require your husband to step up and show some tough love.
Hopefully it does not come to this.
Thank you.
I believe the husband of the foster family took care of Bob. He is the one texting me to see how he is doing. In fact, according to the rescue, he almost became a foster-fail, the husband considered keeping him. My husband is hands off and I do everything for Bob, feeding, walking etc. He is paying more attention to me but is still focused on my husband a lot of the time. He will whine when he goes out. We have had him a month today.
I am really pleased with his breathing. He gets his stitches out of his eyelids on Saturday. He is a droopy eyed bulldog; he reminds me of a Bassett Hound! He looks so sad.

Members online

No members online now.