Meet Bob, the bulldog! Update.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Picked up this poor soul today. If anyone needs attention it is this boy. According to his microchip, he originated in Ohio, somehow was found as a stray in TX, microchip owner didn't want him, picked up by someone who didn't take care of him and then surrendered to rescue. He is about 2-3 years old, very thin even after gaining 10lbs in rescue. He has a skin condition which apparently has improved somewhat. To me, he looks like a perfect example of back-yard breeding. Such a shame. He is a sweet boy and we will do the very best we can for him. I will be making a vet appointment for him ASAP. His face reminds me very much of Monty but he is much smaller and about 20lbs lighter.
Bob 11-27-23.jpg

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
That is a such a sad, sad story! How can anyone just dump their dog! But now he has hit the jackpot and will be well taken care of and have the wonderful life he deserves!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yes that is a horrible story. But hey, heā€™s got you guys now. Heā€™ll bounce back in no time. Just on time too. Man heā€™s thin. You might want to give him some raw liver with his meals if itā€™s kibbles. He definitely needs to build up that gut. I think you like Orijen correct? He might do better on that since itā€™s high in calories till he gets his proper weight. Just a thought n keep us posted on the progress ā¤ļø Whatā€™s his name?

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes that is a horrible story. But hey, heā€™s got you guys now. Heā€™ll bounce back in no time. Just on time too. Man heā€™s thin. You might want to give him some raw liver with his meals if itā€™s kibbles. He definitely needs to build up that gut. I think you like Orijen correct? He might do better on that since itā€™s high in calories till he gets his proper weight. Just a thought n keep us posted on the progress ā¤ļø Whatā€™s his name?
Thanks, Helene. I will get some liver for him. I feed Zignature so will add extras to boost the calories. I am trying to find out what the rescue was feeding him and how much. It was not a bulldog rescue, and they didn't know much about the breed. The lady who we met for the meet and greet certainly didn't but they were taking care of him and that is the main thing.
He is a lap dog for sure.
His name is Bob!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Picked up this poor soul today. If anyone needs attention it is this boy. According to his microchip, he originated in Ohio, somehow was found as a stray in TX, microchip owner didn't want him, picked up by someone who didn't take care of him and then surrendered to rescue. He is about 2-3 years old, very thin even after gaining 10lbs in rescue. He has a skin condition which apparently has improved somewhat. To me, he looks like a perfect example of back-yard breeding. Such a shame. He is a sweet boy and we will do the very best we can for him. I will be making a vet appointment for him ASAP. His face reminds me very much of Monty but he is much smaller and about 20lbs lighter.
View attachment 124986
Oh Bob.... you hae had a rough start but boy oh boy hae you hit the multi-billion dollar jakpot of a home! You will be fixed up in no time and be one very happy boy!

Pam - so happy you have a new bully in your home. :love::love::love:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks, Helene. I will get some liver for him. I feed Zignature so will add extras to boost the calories. I am trying to find out what the rescue was feeding him and how much. It was not a bulldog rescue, and they didn't know much about the breed. The lady who we met for the meet and greet certainly didn't but they were taking care of him and that is the main thing.
He is a lap dog for sure.
His name is Bob!
As you know start slow n build up slowly since you donā€™t know his diet. At least he did gain 10lbs which is a good sign. Liver will boost his mineral intake which he definitely needs. You got this, donā€™t worry. Youā€™re what Bob needsā€¦ā€¦ā€¦a great bully momma ā¤ļø

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
We took Bob to the vet yesterday. Lord knows where those 10lbs are that the rescue said he gained! In fact, from the vet records I just received, he lost 4lbs. He weighs 44lbs. He needs entropion and nares widened but cannot have any surgery until he has gained weight. His head looks much too big for his body!
He is settling in well. He and our other dog just kind of ignore each other. The cat will take more time. They are separated by a gate and Bob is interested but not overly so.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
@1Chumlyā€¦ā€¦..

Well there goes the 10lb, .definitely good idea to wait for surgery. 44lb isnā€™t too bad, Bob will gain steadily if you keep rich organs going. Heā€™ll be fine. Canā€™t wait to see photos n updates of his new adventures.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Too sweet! he is a suckler:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
Yes, he is!
I think it also helps him breathe a little better. He seems to breathe in through his mouth and forcefully exhale out his nose and with the stuffy, his mouth is kind of propped open. The vet said his nares are almost completely closed. He needs to get that weight on so he can have his surgery!

Members online

No members online now.