Any idea what this is?

Lcn

Jun 30, 2024
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
Picked up my bulldog from the kennel and this is on the top of his head.
IMG_2711.jpeg

Looks like a wound. Is it scabs?

Hmm, dry bumps and hair loss... I'm no expert, but it could be a few things. maybe mange or some kind of fungal infection? it's hard to say without seeing it. i'd probably take him to the vet just to be safe, they'd know best.

Hmm, dry bumps and hair loss... I'm no expert, but it could be a few things. maybe mange or some kind of fungal infection? it's hard to say without seeing it. i'd probably take him to the vet just to be safe, they'd know best.
I have a bath scheduled for him on Wednesday, hoping that will help clear it up. If it doesnā€™t change Iā€™ll take him to the vet. Thank you

No idea, it felt like small, dry bumps and then the hair started falling out
Staph infectionā€¦ immune system is weak, youā€™ll need a strong round of antibiotics and add a fork full of refrigerated sauerkraut to meal as a probiotic

Itā€™s staph as @2BullyMama pointed out. It will spread

No way! Dogs can get a staph infection.

The bacteria is actually already there on dogs but kept under control by the rest of the microbiome. If it gets a foothold due to factors like injury or weakened immune system, it will multiply and cause an infection, which will persist and worsen until treated

Picked up my bulldog from the kennel and this is on the top of his head.View attachment 125508
Winston had something similar turned out to be a drape pop
Picked up my bulldog from the kennel and this is on the top of his head.View attachment 125508
Winston had something similar turned out to be a staph infection he had scabs and lost hair was hard to get rid of. The vet scraped the spots to verify and he was on a really hardcore antibiotic. It had to be handled with gloves Iā€™d delicately get that looked at cause he spreads quick donā€™t mean to alarm you .

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

Back