Third eyelid problems

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Poor baby... give her some bacon to make her feel better! :)

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
Hey everyone ! So just wanna say for the record - itā€™s not her ā€œthird eyelidā€ lol i learned thatā€™s like in the corner of their eye? This is just her regular ole bottom eyelid thatā€™s giving problems. After the drops her eye isnā€™t as inflamed this morning which is great and she is pretty used to our routine of ā€œtreat, face wiping, treatā€ so she isnā€™t bothered by the application either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. [emoji190][emoji252]

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
You're on the right track. It's possible that mild entropion caused a little irritation and she scratched at her eye and it ballooned from there.
Goopy = eye boogers
chronic tear stains is a telltale sign.
It's good that you are aware and being the best bullyMom you can be!

Thank you! I really appreciate all your help. ā¤ļøā¤ļøā¤ļø

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor baby... give her some bacon to make her feel better! :)

She was 49 lbs last months visit and now sheā€™s 50. The tech said we can call that her holiday weight lol and the vet said she loves her size to keep up whatever weā€™re doing. Omg we also met this little nugget Fiona last night and i almost died she was beautiful [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

dc3facab4ff89309d6fdd938e5dd9dc1.jpg

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She was 49 lbs last months visit and now sheā€™s 50. The tech said we can call that her holiday weight lol and the vet said she loves her size to keep up whatever weā€™re doing. Omg we also met this little nugget Fiona last night and i almost died she was beautiful [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

dc3facab4ff89309d6fdd938e5dd9dc1.jpg

Awe look at that sweet baby!!
It's funny Fran looks so much stalkier than Bella (to me anyway)
Hubby want her to be fatter. Lol

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
You're on the right track. It's possible that mild entropion caused a little irritation and she scratched at her eye and it ballooned from there.
Goopy = eye boogers
chronic tear stains is a telltale sign.
It's good that you are aware and being the best bullyMom you can be!

Can I ask a question? Louie has mild entropion, his lower lids roll in just slightly which is causing watering and he does have stains. Eye surgery freaks me out and the vet said itā€™s not medically necessary to fix just for watering but that there is a chance it can get worse as he gets older which would require surgery but thereā€™s also a chance it doesnā€™t get worse. I was going to do the surgery when he gets neutered at the end of the month but have now decided to hold off on it. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Awe look at that sweet baby!!
It's funny Fran looks so much stalkier than Bella (to me anyway)
Hubby want her to be fatter. Lol

She does have a ton of skin around her face maybe thatā€™s It. She is super meaty maybe bella is all muscle and fran is all treats [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]šŸ¤·*ā™€ļø

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She does have a ton of skin around her face maybe thatā€™s It. She is super meaty maybe bella is all muscle and fran is all treats [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]��*ā™€ļø

Oh Bella is definitely all muscle.(that's what I say about myself too!!) lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Can I ask a question? Louie has mild entropion, his lower lids roll in just slightly which is causing watering and he does have stains. Eye surgery freaks me out and the vet said itā€™s not medically necessary to fix just for watering but that there is a chance it can get worse as he gets older which would require surgery but thereā€™s also a chance it doesnā€™t get worse. I was going to do the surgery when he gets neutered at the end of the month but have now decided to hold off on it. Thoughts?

I have 2 that had entropion surgery. It was really no big deal(except for the fact that any surgery is a worry) the worst of it was 2 weeks in a cone. After a few days,they learned how to motivate with it. (they both had stitches,that should'nt be scratched) I would have it done all at one time,while he is "under" rather than later. Just make sure your Vet is experienced!

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

Glad this thread is able to help others! Just wanted to say that my plan (if the surgery is necessary and Iā€™m in the same boat as you where i donā€™t think itā€™s super horrible now but donā€™t want It to get progressively worse over the years) is to also try and get It done when fran gets spayed. Please keep us updated !

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

Hmm i have selective reading abilities and just saw the bottom part on holding off... either way please let me know! Also my vet said once they have any sort of eye problem such as needing drops etc that It never really goes away in her experience but Iā€™m also open to anyone elseā€™s experience here with their babies and eye problems :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I have 2 that had entropion surgery. It was really no big deal(except for the fact that any surgery is a worry) the worst of it was 2 weeks in a cone. After a few days,they learned how to motivate with it. (they both had stitches,that should'nt be scratched) I would have it done all at one time,while he is "under" rather than later. Just make sure your Vet is experienced!

Hmm i have selective reading abilities and just saw the bottom part on holding off... either way please let me know! Also my vet said once they have any sort of eye problem such as needing drops etc that It never really goes away in her experience but Iā€™m also open to anyone elseā€™s experience here with their babies and eye problems :)

My vet said at this point itā€™s not medically necessary but it might be in the future. One of my concerns is the recovery as Louie is home alone for a few hours every day during the week so I would be worried about that. I might revisit the issue during the summer months when someone could be home with him. Unfortunately I canā€™t wait too long to neuter him as he has cystinuria so Iā€™m going forward with that at the end of the month.

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
My vet said at this point itā€™s not medically necessary but it might be in the future. One of my concerns is the recovery as Louie is home alone for a few hours every day during the week so I would be worried about that. I might revisit the issue during the summer months when someone could be home with him. Unfortunately I canā€™t wait too long to neuter him as he has cystinuria so Iā€™m going forward with that at the end of the month.

I think thatā€™s extremely practical and in the best interest of louie. I take fran to Work most days not sure if that would hurt or help with her having to travel in and out of the car ya know ? Take comfort in knowing youā€™re doing the best you can ! Wish i could snap my fingers and make everything all better for them

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I think thatā€™s extremely practical and in the best interest of louie. I take fran to Work most days not sure if that would hurt or help with her having to travel in and out of the car ya know ? Take comfort in knowing youā€™re doing the best you can ! Wish i could snap my fingers and make everything all better for them

Thank you.

I know I would just feel awful if he was home alone and somehow got into some trouble. I would never forgive myself.

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
dc3dc0941a2009ad82a94d7735ad4337.jpg

Here is the quote the vet prepared for us. This includes her being spayed and eye surgery. Thoughts, experience and opinions appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.