ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
The vet rang today and confirmed Bazza has an inactive Thyroid which I think bascially means that the thyroid is not making enough hormone, causing weight gain, hair loss and they can be lethargic / depressed. He is prescribed tablets the vets says he will be on for the rest of his life !!!!!! Bugger Bugger I hate the thought of that. I will have to do some research, hope we did not contribute in anyway to this. The vet reckons we will see a different dog within months, that will be interesting to see !

@Manydogs I am with you I would forget my head if it wasn't attached to me LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will have to read into it alot more however.

@agentbunny I will be doing some reading on it now, to find out more, I had no idea.

WOW I'm just now seeing this… I'm glad that you figured out what was going on w/Bazza. I have inactive thyroid as well, and I will take thyroid meds for life. Once they get the levels corrected he should be feeling much better. I had no idea that it could affect dogs as well.

OP
Bazza

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
WOW I'm just now seeing this… I'm glad that you figured out what was going on w/Bazza. I have inactive thyroid as well, and I will take thyroid meds for life. Once they get the levels corrected he should be feeling much better. I had no idea that it could affect dogs as well.

[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION], I am really shocked, I was away on Holidays for 2 weeks and could see he was going bald !! I Freaked, now he has to be on meds for the rest of his life. I do wonder how long it was going on for, the vet said he would have gone Bald if we had left it. I am interested to see if he changes, the vet keeps saying he will be like a "new" dog but I like my Bazza the way he is LOL I Bet Walter is still keeping you on your toes !!!! Hope he has stopped gardening ! LOL ( I missed alot of posts as I was not away)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The vet rang today and confirmed Bazza has an inactive Thyroid which I think bascially means that the thyroid is not making enough hormone, causing weight gain, hair loss and they can be lethargic / depressed. He is prescribed tablets the vets says he will be on for the rest of his life !!!!!! Bugger Bugger I hate the thought of that. I will have to do some research, hope we did not contribute in anyway to this. The vet reckons we will see a different dog within months, that will be interesting to see !

@Manydogs I am with you I would forget my head if it wasn't attached to me LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will have to read into it alot more however.

@agentbunny I will be doing some reading on it now, to find out more, I had no idea.

Wow... I knew thyroid caused behavior and weight changes, but never knew about the hair loss

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@ddnene, I am really shocked, I was away on Holidays for 2 weeks and could see he was going bald !! I Freaked, now he has to be on meds for the rest of his life. I do wonder how long it was going on for, the vet said he would have gone Bald if we had left it. I am interested to see if he changes, the vet keeps saying he will be like a "new" dog but I like my Bazza the way he is LOL I Bet Walter is still keeping you on your toes !!!! Hope he has stopped gardening ! LOL ( I missed alot of posts as I was not away)

I think when he means "changes" he will start feeling better in general… sleeping, eating, and just in general getting his energy back!!! I know that's what my thyroid meds do for me anyway… Lol Wally cost me around $1,000 dollars last month between my water bill, plumber, sprinkler and yard damage. I sure HOPE he slows down, I'm not sure I can afford this kind of "fun" much longer… LMAO!!!

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow... I knew thyroid caused behavior and weight changes, but never knew about the hair loss

It normally does in humans as well… my hair is so dang thick I didn't even notice it… Lol

OP
Bazza

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
I think when he means "changes" he will start feeling better in general… sleeping, eating, and just in general getting his energy back!!! I know that's what my thyroid meds do for me anyway… Lol Wally cost me around $1,000 dollars last month between my water bill, plumber, sprinkler and yard damage. I sure HOPE he slows down, I'm not sure I can afford this kind of "fun" much longer… LMAO!!!

Oh Dear, Walter is very naughty, by very cute !! :-)

Members online

No members online now.