KillRbee18

Sep 6, 2023
Port Orchard WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny / Gun-guns
People,
Iā€˜ve had it! Here in the Northwest, we have an app called ā€œNextdoorā€ where it tells you of what is going on in your neighborhood and surrounding places. However, when I go to view it, all I see is messages about lost or found dogs that havenā€™t been claimed. That really chaps my hide! Fortunately, my four legged son will not have that problem, because I will not allow it. First - Heā€™s an indoor dog and when he goes outside, I accompany him. Second - he is microchipped, but you would need to have a reader if he should ever get lost or stolen. However, today my AirTag/Harness arrived and come tomorrow Gunny-Sgt AirTag collar will arrive tomorrow. Gunny will now be tagged at all times. IF he should ever get the idea to run from me or some clown tries to steal him I will be able to tag him at a moment notice. As you know, stealing French bulldogs are on the rise, and Olde English Bulldogs are a good entertainment in the dog fighting business. I couldnā€™t imagine my baby in a dog ring fighting for his life. If you love your fur-baby like I do, please take the necessary precautions of protecting him or her
IMG_0086.jpeg
. Here is a picture of what I purchase. Thank you for reading this post. The AirTag is secured and in a waterproof container.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
It's the same on our Nextdoor. I find it very upsetting and there are usually several a day! Houston is notorious for its stray dog problem, 1+ million, (not a typo), estimated and it seems to be getting worse. People are incapable of being responsible and looking after their pets.
I have to hide the posts as I just can't handle it anymore.

OP
KillRbee18

KillRbee18

Sep 6, 2023
Port Orchard WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny / Gun-guns
It's the same on our Nextdoor. I find it very upsetting and there are usually several a day! Houston is notorious for its stray dog problem, 1+ million, (not a typo), estimated and it seems to be getting worse. People are incapable of being responsible and looking after their pets.
I have to hide the posts as I just can't handle it anymore.
1Chumly,
IKR, it is very disturbing to read the messages. I couldnā€™t imagine what would be going through Gunnyā€™s mind if he was out there by his self. A very sad situation for all the lost or abandon animals.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sameā€¦. Iā€™m like WTH ā€” how are so many dogs and cats lost/missing. ???

OP
KillRbee18

KillRbee18

Sep 6, 2023
Port Orchard WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny / Gun-guns
I hope I am wrong when I write this; they just donā€™t have the same compassion like we do! I would lose my mind if I lost Gunny! In fact, I just received a collar with an AirTag too. He now has a harness and collar with separate AirTags. I plan on using the collar when he goes to his sitter. The collar is not intended to be used with a leash (hard on the neck). All I plan on using it for is to track Gunny-Sgt at all times.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
A lot of people got dogs n cats during Covidā€™s lockdowns. Then inflation kicked in. Sadly we will find more of these pets back in shelters cause people canā€™t afford an extra mouth to feed.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Sameā€¦. Iā€™m like WTH ā€” how are so many dogs and cats lost/missing. ???
We have Nextdoor here too and I'm a member/lead. It's a good platform, but used to be far better. Sadly, about 1-1/2 years ago Nextdoor started to allow more self-promotional advertising and GO-Fund-Me posts. Those type of posts clutter what used to be an app that brought Neighbors together. Nextdoor does little of that now.
That said, I too, have seen a small uptick in lost pet posts and a huge increase of found pet posts. It's rare, nowadays, that anyone reports that the pet has been reclaimed.
People are letting their animals run off(or simply doing a sorry job of securing them) because they cannot afford them anymore...or the owners are to lazy to put forth the effort. Having a pet has become a luxury considering the cost of qualified Vet care & food. This is only going to get worse as inflation continues to outpace people's income. Pet owners need to work harder to provide for themselves, but firstly for the pets that so greatly depend on them.
People suck...present company excluded.

OP
KillRbee18

KillRbee18

Sep 6, 2023
Port Orchard WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny / Gun-guns
We have Nextdoor here too and I'm a member/lead. It's a good platform, but used to be far better. Sadly, about 1-1/2 years ago Nextdoor started to allow more self-promotional advertising and GO-Fund-Me posts. Those type of posts clutter what used to be an app that brought Neighbors together. Nextdoor does little of that now.
That said, I too, have seen a small uptick in lost pet posts and a huge increase of found pet posts. It's rare, nowadays, that anyone reports that the pet has been reclaimed.
People are letting their animals run off(or simply doing a sorry job of securing them) because they cannot afford them anymore...or the owners are to lazy to put forth the effort. Having a pet has become a luxury considering the cost of qualified Vet care & food. This is only going to get worse as inflation continues to outpace people's income. Pet owners need to work harder to provide for themselves, but firstly for the pets that so greatly depend on them.
People suck...present company excluded.
So true!

Zaibi

May 9, 2024
Country
Pakistan
Bulldog(s) Names
Dabbi
People,
Iā€˜ve had it! Here in the Northwest, we have an app called ā€œNextdoorā€ where it tells you of what is going on in your neighborhood and surrounding places. However, when I go to view it, all I see is messages about lost or found dogs that havenā€™t been claimed. That really chaps my hide! Fortunately, my four legged son will not have that problem, because I will not allow it. First - Heā€™s an indoor dog and when he goes outside, I accompany him. Second - he is microchipped, but you would need to have a reader if he should ever get lost or stolen. However, today my AirTag/Harness arrived and come tomorrow Gunny-Sgt AirTag collar will arrive tomorrow. Gunny will now be tagged at all times. IF he should ever get the idea to run from me or some clown tries to steal him I will be able to tag him at a moment notice. As you know, stealing French bulldogs are on the rise, and Olde English Bulldogs are a good entertainment in the dog fighting business. I couldnā€™t imagine my baby in a dog ring fighting for his life. If you love your fur-baby like I do, please take the necessary precautions of protecting him or herView attachment 125314. Here is a picture of what I purchase. Thank you for reading this post. The AirTag is secured and in a waterproof container.
WOW! whai an idea:yes:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
WOW! whai an idea:yes:
If someone steals your dog, guarantee they will remove the tracker. Like mentioned, if itā€™s an immediate action like dog got out of the backyard, yes you might have that time to look for your dog.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.