Rescue bulldog

GailM

Jul 3, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bluto
My daughter and boyfriend rescued a 1-1 1/2 year old bulldog named Bluto from Chinese meat market. He is so good except that he is obviously not house trained from spending most of his life confined to a cage. He does use pee pads at times and will pee outside but not poop. She has a crate for him but if left in it while they work he will use it as his bathroom. They have 2 other dogs and they are trained but they are having a difficult time with Bluto. Please advise.

Bluto has probably been in a cage all his life. Peeing and pooping in cage was a norm for him. He can be taught otherwise, but it will take a while and a lot of dedication, especially since he is older(not a pup). He can not be expected to stay clean,if left in a cage all day. They need to find/hire someone to take him out at least twice a day.
Also, I would bring a sample of his poop outside, so he can smell that area. Training him can be done-but it won't be easy! Dedication is the word!(y)

Yep -- Lynn has you covered... @Manydogs knows her stuff with potty training!!

HAha! I have trained more dogs than you are old(young!) Even 4 for my sister! I love dogs and:love: training dogs.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

Back