sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Should heal completely within 2 weeks. If she starts pawing at it, a cone might be advised.

Thanks Chip! When it first started I actually put socks on her front paws, I was afraid that her dew claw would cause injury, if fact, maybe that is where the scratch came from......that just dawned on me....duh......

- - - Updated - - -

Castor says it's a good thing they only have a lower lip as lipstick otherwise would have been very expensive:rolleyes:

INDEED......LOL

dymeale

Aug 23, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nikolás
Hi there and thank you for your post! Glad to hear the Nikolas recovered fine! Did his "third eyelid" show up? In response to the injury?

Yup it did and after treatment it resided.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hoping Joey's is all well, now!

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
I hope Joey is doing better and you can get to the bottom of this. Sweet kisses and healing prayers to you sweet baby[emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hello friends!!

Well Joey had her follow up on Friday and the vet said that her eye is healing but she want to see her again this coming Friday, which of course, we will do. When she wakes in the morning it seems the worst time for her eye so I have been applying a warm compress before she even gets out of bed LOL, I THINK that is helping, we'll see.

Thank you all!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello friends!!

Well Joey had her follow up on Friday and the vet said that her eye is healing but she want to see her again this coming Friday, which of course, we will do. When she wakes in the morning it seems the worst time for her eye so I have been applying a warm compress before she even gets out of bed LOL, I THINK that is helping, we'll see.

Thank you all!!!

Warm compress -- great idea Totally forgot about doing that

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hello all, happy Friday!

Well Joey went back to see her vet this morning and "still healing" Would like to see her back after Thanksgiving, so December 1st another appointment.

It continues to look "wonky" sometimes but NOT as often, so.......I guess just a slow process.

Thank you all !

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Hello all, happy Friday!

Well Joey went back to see her vet this morning and "still healing" Would like to see her back after Thanksgiving, so December 1st another appointment.

It continues to look "wonky" sometimes but NOT as often, so.......I guess just a slow process.

Thank you all !

Castor sends a big hug to sweet Joey and hopes her eye will be all fine soon!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello all, happy Friday!

Thank you all !

Slow progress but at least not worse

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
INDEED no worse, thank God !
Like I said...should be healed in 2 weeks...unless it was a particularly bad abrasion. Slow progress is just what you want to hear because there is no fast progress with this type of injury.
Keep up the good work and all will be good in a few days.
Get well soon, beautiful girl!!!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Like I said...should be healed in 2 weeks...unless it was a particularly bad abrasion. Slow progress is just what you want to hear because there is no fast progress with this type of injury.
Keep up the good work and all will be good in a few days.
Get well soon, beautiful girl!!!

OMG thank you ALWAYS! I am so lucky to have SO MANY knowledgeable friends here, it makes me feel so much better!!!! The vet did give me another tube of triple antibiotic ointment to keep using. It's not infected BUT she wants to keep it that way :)

Thank you again! I will keep updating until she is all better :)

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
So glad Joey is at least not worse. Please keep the updates coming and I will certainly keep the prayers coming. xxooo sweet Joey

Members online

No members online now.