Pet Insurance ASPCA Pet Health Insurance

Hanks Mom

Jul 5, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
We just brought Hank home about 3 days ago he is 10 weeks old. We are considering purchase pet insurance. So far we are leaning towards ASPCA Pet Health Insurance. Any experiences good or bad or suggetions? Nationwide review are horrible.

Thank you

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
We just brought Hank home about 3 days ago he is 10 weeks old. We are considering purchase pet insurance. So far we are leaning towards ASPCA Pet Health Insurance. Any experiences good or bad or suggetions? Nationwide review are horrible.

Thank you

I personally have a credit card for my 2. If you start feeding your dog with a proper clean diet n do the extra steps for maintenance, you will definitely not see your vet too often.

OP
H

Hanks Mom

Jul 5, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
I personally have a credit card for my 2. If you start feeding your dog with a proper clean diet n do the extra steps for maintenance, you will definitely not see your vet too often.

whats do you feed your pup?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I do the same… fed raw, monitor weight and have a credit card just for the pups use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Superclyde911

Mar 22, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. T

Thank you

I have pumpkin- https://www.pumpkin.care/

I reviewed a bunch and after considering numerous factors, I figured this was the best option for me.

Having multiple credit cards is an option but i would prefer the option of being reimbursed for my expense than simply spending without any possibility of reimbursement.

I feed raw, walk Mr. T regularly and despite all hope it is possible we will go to the Vet at some point. Simply having a great diet and or come from a great bloodline doesn’t preclude the possibility an expensive vet bill is in our future. Insurance is about being ready when the expected happens and having the resources to cover it. Having a credit card simply puts you in a debt hole.

If you do t opt to forego insurance I would suggest putting away the quoted cost of Insurance in a savings account and also having a credit card! This way you have funds to defray the cost with cash on hand and not add a ton of debt to your situation.

handsomedan

Apr 2, 2018
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dan and Auggie
We have insurance through the aspca and have had a pretty good experience with it! Dan, our bulldog just had tblo surgery this year and they covered it and our other Bulldog had entropion surgery this year that was covered. They have been a little slow, but so far so good!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
whats do you feed your pup?

I too feed raw. Such a big difference health wise n especially on the energy side.

My daughter in law has 3dogs n her little shih tzu Tigger is 18 yrs old. She recently stopped eating n letting herself go. My son knows I feed my 2 raw n wanted to try it for Tigger. He knows if something happened to tigger it will destroy his wife for weeks. So I gave them a few packs of raw to try n tigger has been eating it n loves it. I saw them yesterday n too funny, tigger has so much energy she runs up n down the stairs, confronts the horses n baby cow, runs after my 2 n my other sons pit bulls n GS. Shes like a new puppy. I know it won’t last forever but hey, if she has this much energy n eating, perfect!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
We self insure. We have a dedicated savings account that is added to monthly, with no exceptions. It is never used for anything other than large vet bills and has served us well. After various surgeries for three bulldogs over the years, we are still ahead of the game! We do not use it for regular check-ups or for shots. We had insurance for our dachshund and after 4 years of premiums that went up every year and only ever claiming once for an ear infection (we got a few $$ back) we cancelled. I am grateful we never had any medical problems with him but seeing as we didn't and haven't and he is now 11, I would rather have all those premiums in my pocket, (or savings account) instead of theirs! I know a few people have had really BIG issues where insurance has been a life saver so it is something to think about and weigh all the pro's and cons.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I have Nationwide whole pet with wellness for my Frenchie and I’m grateful I do. He’s had multiple surgeries totaling over $20,000 and I got 90% back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WilliamHarrell1

Sep 13, 2021
London
Country
London
Bulldog(s) Names
William
My experience with them is not the best one. And I'm very sorry that I bought the most expensive insurance from them. They will do their best not to pay for the treatment of your pet with various excuses. I am incredibly sorry that I have not read the reviews on https://www.petinsurancereview.com/ before. If I were to read them, I would not buy anything from them. So be careful. First, consult any opinion and then make a choice.

Last edited:

jsygrls

Jul 17, 2020
Port Orange Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Charles Barkley aka "Bubba"
I have Pets Best Insurance and find that the Wellness coverage more that pays for Bubba,s Well checks, shots, fleas/ticks treatment. I opted for a deductible coverage that lowers the overall monthly/yearly cost, this WORKS FOR ME,
and gives me peace of mind. And fortunately my guy has never had any health issues.🤞🤞
Not saying what's the right decision for all, but I do have health care on myself, my wife, and my children, and my GUY Bubba. Good luck enjoy, be well.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.