Pearls Acidophilus ?

reillysmom

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2011
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Location
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Reilly
Has anyone ever tried the brand Pearls acidophilus tabs? I was recommended these to re build my bulldogs immune system. I am always weary giving supplements for humans. Any insight would be great. Thanks!
 
I don't know. Dogs are a different species, their bacteria-flora, are very different from our own. Probiotics made for humans are not the same bacterial probiotics made for canines or other species. I'd suggest purchasing a probiotic blend made specifically for dogs. Most high quality probiotics for pets can be purcahsed at local retailers or health food stores that have a pet section. Whole Foods is a good place for this sort of thing or shopping online. I don't trust the crap at most pet stores as far as being anything of quality.
 
I use Animal Essentials Plant Enzymes & Probiotics. I've been using it for quite some time and like it alot.
 
I don't know. Dogs are a different species, their bacteria-flora, are very different from our own. Probiotics made for humans are not the same bacterial probiotics made for canines or other species. I'd suggest purchasing a probiotic blend made specifically for dogs. Most high quality probiotics for pets can be purcahsed at local retailers or health food stores that have a pet section. Whole Foods is a good place for this sort of thing or shopping online. I don't trust the crap at most pet stores as far as being anything of quality.

This sounds like good advice and makes. I can't add much more because I've never used the product on my dogs but it was recommended to me while I was talking an antibiotic to avoid digestive upset from an imbalance of bacteria in the intestine. I took the minimum dose and it gave me some very pronounced gastrointestinal problems - so it's powerful stuff.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top