Bhaverstock1

Bhaverstock1

Jun 24, 2016
Murray, KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella Artois and Dozer Jordan
Thank y'all so much for your help. I think I will try the Acana Duck and Pear. If that's not working I'll try different singles protein. Stella isn't a picky eater. They love about anything I give them. We are getting an Ultrasound on Friday to rule out anything like stones. We had allergy testing done awhile back and she mainly had environmental allergies. No food allergies. I didn't want to put her on allergy shots so I try to control it with food and Apoquel. A pet nutritionist made a couple of recipes for Stella and she lost too much weight on home cooking. We put her back on dry kibble and she gained her weight back.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor has tried both Acana and Orijen and they are very good foods. They used to be a bit too rich for him, though, but the last months he's done really well on Orijen adult (I think it's called - blue bag) and we add some dried carrots for his tummy. He actually does much better on Orijen than on raw (which I hate to admit as raw seems more natural than to buy bags of kibble that have been shipped across the Atlantic...)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Castor has tried both Acana and Orijen and they are very good foods. They used to be a bit too rich for him, though, but the last months he's done really well on Orijen adult (I think it's called - blue bag) and we add some dried carrots for his tummy. He actually does much better on Orijen than on raw (which I hate to admit as raw seems more natural than to buy bags of kibble that have been shipped across the Atlantic...)

awwww, the blue bag... yes, I was just considering that one as well... I know helsonwheels used that with her gs and was a very healthy dog hips and all... mabie that's what i'll try for fun,,,,, for hank

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
awwww, the blue bag... yes, I was just considering that one as well... I know helsonwheels used that with her gs and was a very healthy dog hips and all... mabie that's what i'll try for fun,,,,, for hank

Castor recommends it! we soak it.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Castor recommends it! we soak it.

Nice :) and right now, he's doing one meal HK with me cookin up the meat, and one of the Acana duck and pear. Things looking real good so think he's ready for another addition :) Thanks

OP
Bhaverstock1

Bhaverstock1

Jun 24, 2016
Murray, KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Orijen food "blue bag" is it the original or the freeze dried?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
The Orijen food "blue bag" is it the original or the freeze dried?

the one I'm speaking of (and I think Castors mom too) is the 'original' .... it is not a single source of protein

OP
Bhaverstock1

Bhaverstock1

Jun 24, 2016
Murray, KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok thanks for everyone's help

Most Reactions