MINI aspirated several times yesterday...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
and last night at 4:00am we had to put her to sleep. She was 5 years old on February 5th. We never expected her to live past a few months...so I guess we should be thankful for those 5 years. I'm having a hard time with that thinking.
She came into rescue at 8 weeks old with Mega E and unable to hold her food down, unable to be weened from her Mom. She was WAAAAY below the weight of her siblings.
MINI00.jpg

MINI was super cute and very friendly...
MINI0.JPG

She responded very well to Sandy's feeding regimen and as she grew I built new chairs for her. As she got older she could no longer stay in her baily chair so Sandy would sit with her upright in her lap for 30 minutes twice each day. They developed a very strong bond.
MINI05.jpg

MINI02.jpg

MINI03.jpg
MIMI04.jpg

She was Lala's best friend from Day 1. They LOVED each other. Every time Lala went outside to do her business, MINI would wait at the door for her to come flying back inside and she would ambush her. Lala acted like she never expected it even though MINI did it at least 3 times a day.
MINI01.jpg

MINI06.jpg

MINI loved the snow...she could eat it and it quenched her thirst...although when she went inside it was straight to her "up time".
MINI08.JPG

Most of all, MINI loved being with Lala at the beach...
MINI10.jpg

MINI09.jpg

Rest in peace beautiful girl...

Attachments

• MINI07.jpg
    MINI07.jpg
    789 KB · Views: 101
  • MINI10.jpg
    MINI10.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:

ladywebb

Feb 12, 2021
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert
So very sorry to hear about your beautiful girl. She was very lucky to have had you both in her life.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So sad for the loss of beautiful Mini. She was a lucky girl to have wonderful pawrents who took such wonderful special care, and gave her 5 happy years!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I’m crushed reading this… you gave her a full wonderful five years. Sending you tons of love, hugs and prayears.

thank you for sharing her fantastic personality and adventures with us.

rest in peace beautiful girl!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I’m so sorry to be reading this. She had the best 5 years you could have possibly given her. Rest in piece sweet girl.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh gosh... this breaks my heart!!! You guys gave her the best life... and I know she loved you dearly. May little Mini RIP, and HUGS to you both :heart:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Speechless. We all know this day would have come and yet she did 5 beautiful yrs. You and Sandy gave her them extra yrs. Mini lead a beautiful happy life and it sure showed.

RIP Mini ❤️

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh I am so very sorry to read this! I’ve watched your kindness and love for Mini since she arrived. I pray for some kind of comfort for you.

With sincere, heartfelt sympathy,

Sue and Joey

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am so sorry to hear about Mini. Such a beautiful girl and you gave her her best life. She would not have had that if not for you and Sandy. My sincere condolences to you both. :angelheart:

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
and last night at 4:00am we had to put her to sleep. She was 5 years old on February 5th. We never expected her to live past a few months...so I guess we should be thankful for those 5 years. I'm having a hard time with that thinking.
She came into rescue at 8 weeks old with Mega E and unable to hold her food down, unable to be weened from her Mom. She was WAAAAY below the weight of her siblings.
View attachment 122405
View attachment 122406
She responded very well to Sandy's feeding regimen and as she grew I built new chairs for her. As she got older she could no longer stay in her baily chair so Sandy would sit with her upright in her lap for 30 minutes twice each day. They developed a very strong bond.
View attachment 122407
View attachment 122408
View attachment 122409View attachment 122410
She was Lala's best friend from Day 1. They LOVED each other. Every time Lala went outside to do her business, MINI would wait at the door for her to come flying back inside and she would ambush her. Lala acted like she never expected it even though MINI did it at least 3 times a day.
View attachment 122411

View attachment 122413
MINI loved the snow...she could eat it and it quenched her thirst...although when she went inside it was straight to her "up time".
View attachment 122414
View attachment 122416
View attachment 122417
Ohhhhhh… I haven’t been a good member here in a very long time and I’m sorry for that life keeps getting in my way as my husband is now 84 years old with some dementia is a mobility issues. I just want you to know how very sad I am to read this news of Mini’s death. I know that she has always been my favorite little bully girl. No little girl with problems like mini had could’ve ever come to a better home. Five years of a quality life with you and Sandy is a gift to Mini. Please know how very sorry I am and tell Sandy .

Tlischinger

May 31, 2018
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Diezel
So sorry for your loss of Mini....you clearly did everything under the sun to make her few short years the best they could possibly be for her. :mansfriend:

Nadrojlc

Dec 18, 2020
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny
View attachment 122405
View attachment 122406
View attachment 122407
View attachment 122408
View attachment 122409View attachment 122410
View attachment 122411

View attachment 122413
View attachment 122414
View attachment 122416
View attachment 122417
I am in tears with you. I am so sorry for your loss and your pain. 💔

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Oh Chip and Sandy, We are so very to hear new this news. My heart is broken for you. Ellie and I loved meeting her what feels moons ago, and we knew she would have the best life EVER with you. Sending you lots of love!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.