Lambeau has been diagnosed with lymphoma

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Im so sorry you and Lambeau are going through this. We just went through this with our boxer. Honestly, there were no sign either. He was acting normal but I did feel a lump on his neck. Took him to the vet and they said all his lymph nodes were swollen. We opted not to de any type of chemo on him but started him on prednisone. I also started him on a cancer protocol of benadryl and tagmet 3 times a day and yogurt at night. I believe this gave him more time and helped to keep him comfortable. He was diagnosed in April and passed at the end of August.
Iā€™m so sorry for your loss. ā¤ļøā€šŸ©¹

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Im so sorry you and Lambeau are going through this. We just went through this with our boxer. Honestly, there were no signs either. He was acting normal but I did feel a lump on his neck. Took him to the vet and they said all his lymph nodes were swollen. We opted not to do any type of chemo on him but started him on prednisone. I also started him on a cancer protocol of benadryl and tagmet 3 times a day and yogurt at night. I believe this gave him more time and helped to keep him comfortable. He was diagnosed in April and passed at the end of August.
So sorry for the loss of your boxer.

We talked about not doing chemo but that night Beau went into distress we really had to help him, his struggle to breathe and finding out his throat was sort of closing up was terrifying

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
So sorry for the loss of your boxer.

We talked about not doing chemo but that night Beau went into distress we really had to help him, his struggle to breathe and finding out his throat was sort of closing up was terrifying
I think I would have done the same thing had that happened to our Gunner (boxer). I'll be praying for all of you!! Hoping he goes into remission very soon!!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
9/30 update ā€“ Still no remission L Oncologist stated this is unusual for him to not be in full remission at this point since he is Type B. X-rays showed nodes are still swollen in a few areas which she was not expecting to see. Since not in remission she intensified the protocol by giving IV and oral for weeks one and two of this treatment cycle. She will reassess him on week three to determine if we should continue with intensified protocol or change the medicines.

Intensified treatment today was:

• Vincristine via IV
  • Cycolphosphamide two pills a day for three days
Lewis spoke to her about us giving the Pancur which seems to help with his poo issues; she had no problem with it and said it would not impact anything with the chemo medicines. We will give that daily to see how he continues to respond to it, any issues and we will back off of it. Outside of chemo and Panacur, Mush is off all other medicines, we have stuff on hand if needed, but not giving anything at this time.

Lambeau is seemingly doing well all considered, his appetite is crazy, he eats whatever is in his bowl like he never ate before and is always wanting more. He doesnā€™t have a lot of energy but still likes going for walks in the stroller, he will walk very short distance on his own, but we wonā€™t let him do too much, Lewis lifts him into stroller and we continue on. Mush prefers to do stairs on his own, but we only let him do it when we see he has the energy, our concern is overexertion that could lead to distress so we watch very closely how he is responding to any type of ā€œexerciseā€ for lack of better word. He is still loving his bones and carrying them around the yard or just chewing on them randomly.

Nights are still rough, not sure why but during day he is closer to normal than at night. Right around 2 ā€“ 3 AM, he becomes restless, panting and will sit and stare at us. Weā€™ll take him into yard, heā€™ll potty but will not lay down or go back to sleep for a few hours. He has also become extremely clingy which he never was, wants to be touching you or somehow cuddle against you.

Next treatment is Friday 10/7

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
sorry to say this but when he becomes uncomfortable it is time. We waited too long with our Tyler (still tears in my eyes after 10 years) he could not sleep because of the cancer. just panting. damn I just broke down thinking about it, I wish Lambeau the best.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Any different meds in Day compared to night for being restless? Just a thought šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Any different meds in Day compared to night for being restless? Just a thought šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
He is not on any meds ā€¦ just the weekly chemo treatments. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
sorry to say this but when he becomes uncomfortable it is time. We waited too long with our Tyler (still tears in my eyes after 10 years) he could not sleep because of the cancer. just panting. damn I just broke down thinking about it, I wish Lambeau the best.
So sorry.. I donā€™t mean to bring up bad memories for you.

Lambeau isnā€™t that kind of uncomfortableā€¦ it is odd really, which is why we canā€™t figure out why he is doing it. We are told he is not in pain, but we canā€™t figure out the night time behavior or the constant need to poo

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
here is a picture of him from a couple weeks ago

05A20F45-E608-4B6F-A85D-03301156E336.jpeg

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Love that picture!! I wanna kiss his sweet face! I'm thinking about you all daily and sending prayers to your family and Lambeau. Stay strong... i know it's hard, scary and frustrating.. Sending big hugs too!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That is such a beautiful picture of a beautiful boy!! Just want to hug him!
He has become VERY very affectionate... has to be cuddling when he is ready for bed and is forcing himself hard up against Lewis at night. it is beyond adorable., but totally not like him.

Love that picture!! I wanna kiss his sweet face! I'm thinking about you all daily and sending prayers to your family and Lambeau. Stay strong... i know it's hard, scary and frustrating.. Sending big hugs too!

Thank you for the prayers... I lay hands and pray over him every morning so knowing I have more prayer warriors adding to this is very much appreciated.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
10/9 update ā€“ Still no remission all but one node has returned to normal size so we continue with the intensified treatments. She state he looks great and is surprised he is not in remission.

Intensified treatment today was:
  • Vincristine via IV
  • Cycolphosphamide two pills a day for three days
Lambeau actually slept through the night several nights this week and we have been seeing more formed poo so both oncologist and vet have said it is OK to continue with the pancur since it is helping.

Next treatment is 10/14

Members online

No members online now.