Lambeau has been diagnosed with lymphoma

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Exemption was denied as of yesterday... I have to return to office on Tuesday. Amazing how for 2 1/2 - 3 years for the good of the company working from home was a wonderful thing, now all of the sudden, it is the worst thing to even discuss it since it benefits a person and not a corporation.... zero humanity exists in these places. BTW - not bragging, but to prove they do not care about humans.... I'm 35 years at this company with an amazing track record and it means absolutely nothing. My direct manager wants to help any way she can, but HR is tying her hands.

Beau and Cheli will be alone on Tuesday/Wednesdays... luckily Lewis gets a day home on Thursdays. We will sacrifice the first floor and anything he sh*ts on will either be cleaned each day or trashed. Luckily, it is 95% hardwood floors. I'm not going to crate him so he has to sit it it till I get home so the floors will do :(

Trying to see if our old pet sitter is still doing that work. if so, we may have to re-hire her
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG... I hate this!!!! there has to be someone you could get that could come in a few times a day? Do you have any good neighbors? Have you checked into Rover?? I do know there are some on Rover that specialize in dogs with special needs and or requirements.. Could it be worth a try? Maybe see if you can find one you like and then hire outside of the site??

Any chance you can retire?? lol.. kidding.. not kidding...
Because i would seriously have to contemplate it.

You are 100% they do not care about us.. we are replacable. By young kids who will work for half the pay.. I also think it is completely bogus.. They will soon see when productivity goes down the tubes b/c people are not going to put in the extra hours or the effort like they (we) do now working from home...

Uggh my friend, i wish PA were closer! I would take care of sweet Lambeau and Cheli

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Ugh @2BullyMama that sucks! As I said a while ago, it is so hard because we can't physically help each other! Communication helps, but sure wish we could help in person! So sorry things don't work out at work. This is why I don't really physically associate with people, been "screwed" too many times. Always was the helper, not the recipient of help!(except from my loving husband, who is gone.) I am so sorry that they've treated you this way. Maybe some day they will get "paybacks". Unfortunetly, (sp?) this is par for the course. Love to all 👩‍❤️‍👩
👩‍❤️‍👩

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG... I hate this!!!! there has to be someone you could get that could come in a few times a day? Do you have any good neighbors? Have you checked into Rover?? I do know there are some on Rover that specialize in dogs with special needs and or requirements.. Could it be worth a try? Maybe see if you can find one you like and then hire outside of the site??

Any chance you can retire?? lol.. kidding.. not kidding...
Because i would seriously have to contemplate it.

You are 100% they do not care about us.. we are replacable. By young kids who will work for half the pay.. I also think it is completely bogus.. They will soon see when productivity goes down the tubes b/c people are not going to put in the extra hours or the effort like they (we) do now working from home...

Uggh my friend, i wish PA were closer! I would take care of sweet Lambeau and Cheli
Retirement is being discussed, but my plan has always been to retire one the house is paid off, we have about 2 years left. I have a very supportive manager so her and I will be trying to play with my hours and if I have to, I have 46 vacation days... I will take off every Wednesday which will only leave Tuesday as an issue.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
We have 5-7 different pills...not ONE, not one, has helped. We stopped all scripts yesterday -- giving just Imodium AD now with pred till we can get him weened off that at some point
Watch out for what Jewel had while on prednisone....calcenosis cutis. Nasty rash.

Attachments

• 20190812_185218.jpg
    20190812_185218.jpg
    819.5 KB · Views: 26

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ahhh
Have not... he is being extremely finicky.. one minute he will eat steak or ground meat, the next he wont... then he'll eat chicken meat, then he won't, egg then no, Stella and Chewy kibble... then no. I give a shot of cerenea every night around 6-7 PM to help keep the belly settled, but that doesn't seem to mater
Lambeau is not dumb. He now made the link what’s on the menu. You are now his Chef‼️🤣🤣🤣

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Oh Christine, i'm so glad Lambeau's results are better. That is such great news! However, i am with you, it does not explain the poo. Hopefully it is due to the chemo and will level itself out. I hope you can get to the bottom of it.

But it breaks my heart to hear that you are being called back in 3 days a week. I am too after having been home now for about 3 years! (Thank god Stella and Harvey are doing much better now)

What a whole new level of stress this brings because you absolutely don't want to leave him alone. I wouldn't either. I am praying your request gets approved. So so much!!! 🙏

I have to start back after next week. Not looking forward to it at all. Also have Stella's oncology consult scheduled for Feb 20. Hoping i don't end up where you are.

How are they doing on the new food??

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Exemption was denied as of yesterday... I have to return to office on Tuesday. Amazing how for 2 1/2 - 3 years for the good of the company working from home was a wonderful thing, now all of the sudden, it is the worst thing to even discuss it since it benefits a person and not a corporation.... zero humanity exists in these places. BTW - not bragging, but to prove they do not care about humans.... I'm 35 years at this company with an amazing track record and it means absolutely nothing. My direct manager wants to help any way she can, but HR is tying her hands.

Beau and Cheli will be alone on Tuesday/Wednesdays... luckily Lewis gets a day home on Thursdays. We will sacrifice the first floor and anything he sh*ts on will either be cleaned each day or trashed. Luckily, it is 95% hardwood floors. I'm not going to crate him so he has to sit it it till I get home so the floors will do :(

Trying to see if our old pet sitter is still doing that work. if so, we may have to re-hire her

That’s horrible, especially now with Lambeau in his condition, I would be afraid to leave them alone, especially since being home with them daily when you work from home, some dogs get stressed enough just from that.

Wishing you and Lambeau and Cheli the best.

Is he still on Gut Soothe?? Is that helping??

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Watch out for what Jewel had while on prednisone....calcenosis cutis. Nasty rash.
Yes, I remembered this which is why I want to talk with the oncologist about weening him off. She is not a fan of long term use either. he currently has been on it for about three weeks

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ahhh

Lambeau is not dumb. He now made the link what’s on the menu. You are now his Chef‼️🤣🤣🤣
You are not wrong! Today so far all he will accept is bacon... yesterday was steak and duck treats

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That’s horrible, especially now with Lambeau in his condition, I would be afraid to leave them alone, especially since being home with them daily when you work from home, some dogs get stressed enough just from that.

Wishing you and Lambeau and Cheli the best.

Is he still on Gut Soothe?? Is that helping??
Yes... I mix with water and shoot in mouth via syringe ... no other way at this time to get it in him. I tried making hamburgers with it mixed in.. he won't eat the. I trade a hamburger without the gut smooth - he eats it. He knows when something (meds) are hidden in the food/treat

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
1/15 update -- so the short of it, us being so overwhelmed, exhausted an plain brain numb- neither me nor Lewis picked up on or remembered what the side effects of the Tanovea were.... sigh! It turns out every issue we were experiencing with Beau over the last two -three weeks was a side effect... he hit 5 of the 6 at high levels. Lethargic, loss of appetite, diarrhea which could or couldn't be can't really say either way, but it was 10x worse. When I explained everything to our oncologist, she immediately said we will not continue on this protocol. So, we are back on Elspar for this week with a recheck next week to see how he responds and then determine next steps. She is otherwise happy with how his system responded and today she asperated the one node that still is being stubborn and said all she is seeing is blood and fat cells, but never said if he was in remission. we'll know better next week.

I'll be 100% transparent, so others learn for us, PAY ATTENTION to the listed side effects!! Over these last 3 weeks, there were a couple times we did not think Beau would wake up in the morning that is how lethargic he was and the other issues were that severe. We didn't connect the dots to them being side effects, it wouldn't have changed anything, but maybe we would have dealt better or called to see if there was anything more to help him. Yes, we did take him to our regular vet to check things out, but again... two different facilities and they may send each other the "chart/reports, it is still up to us as pawents/owners to READ everything and connect those dots where you can. lesson learned!

He is more himself the past two days, even eating his normal raw food. We'll see what tomorrow brings on how he responds to going back to Elspar.

Last edited:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
"He is more himself the past two days, even eating his normal raw food . We'll see what tomorrow brings on how he responds to going back to Elspar."
I feel like every good step is a plus. Plus more prayers for your boy/family! Give Mr. Lambeau a big smooch from me:heartsign:

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dang -- one thing I forgot to mention, since he was on Elspar before, there is a chance of allergic reaction. So, his treatment today was a double dose of Benadryl (shot), they waited 15-20 mins to let that take effect and then he got the shot of Elspar. They then monitored him for 30mintes to see if there would be any reaction. Oncologist said if there is one, it would happen rather quickly. so far, he is fine, just groggy from the Benadryl.

Members online

No members online now.