1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Thanks all. I had forgotten all about Unkibble but on checking again, it is way out of my budget for two dogs. For simplicities sake, what one gets, so does the other and luckily, 'the other' can eat anything. Even for one dog it is over 3 times as much as I am paying for two! I am very grateful for the time and effort to look for me though.

I used to add a few Giblets as a topper for Chumly eons ago. Would that still be OK no matter what food I decide on? I cannot go full raw for several reasons.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Thanks all. I had forgotten all about Unkibble but on checking again, it is way out of my budget for two dogs. For simplicities sake, what one gets, so does the other and luckily, 'the other' can eat anything. Even for one dog it is over 3 times as much as I am paying for two! I am very grateful for the time and effort to look for me though.

I used to add a few Giblets as a topper for Chumly eons ago. Would that still be OK no matter what food I decide on? I cannot go full raw for several reasons.
My 2 boys eat raw and my 2 girls eat kibble. The girls get freeze dried raw in the morning with their kibble or sometimes I add in a little organs so I’m all for toppers.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Use raw organs as toppers. 1/4 cup of liver per meal. Liver is cheap n the most healthiest thing to consume.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I give my guys organs like once or twice a month as a topper, even though they are on raw, they like the treat

Last edited:

RiccardoVasquez

Apr 5, 2023
Country
GERMANY
Bulldog(s) Names
Mike
Switching foods might be a good move if Buster's having digestive issues. In the meantime, you can try adding a bit of plain canned pumpkin (not pie filling) to his meals – it can help with both constipation and diarrhea. Just a spoonful should do it. Also, make sure he's well-hydrated. If issues persist, it's always a good idea to check with your vet to rule out any underlying health concerns. 🐕🥄🎃

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Edited to add, WARNING! this contains more info on poos that you might ever need to know!

Thank you, he is doing much better! First thing in the morning after b'fast, he poos 3 times, one after the other. Now the 1st is completely normal, 2nd a bit softer and 3rd softer still but there is not much left at that point! Strange dog but at least now he is not straining all 3 times and not doing much. He absolutely refuses to go outside and do anything else at all until bedtime. On rare occasions he will go out for a quick pee, but not often. It is usually for a quick sunbathe.
I have never had a dog like him before!
I did change his food to NutriSource PureVita Duck. Not the best food around but it is lower in protein and I think that was the problem. Too much of something. Apart from his usual supplements and toppers I have added mushroom powder. Hopefully, he will continue to do well!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.