FAQ: What do you feed your bulldog?

Jhedir6

Aug 15, 2016
Dunnvile Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thysyn
I've been feeding Thysyn Fromm's Puppy Gold since the day I got him. He's strong, healthy, meaty big and bouncy. Loves the food, tho i do add stuff to it for him so he has variety, lets face it, if we had to eat the same thing day in and day out we wouldnt be happy either. I add in plain yogurt or abit of gravy from a roast or chicken. Also, some chunked light tuna now and then, which he really loves. No health issues, good looking coat. I recommend the Fromm's to anyone who asks me what my guy is eating. Not only do I think they have a good product, but they are active with their customer base, on forums such as this one, and social media. I am extremely happy with this brand and recommend it strongly.

David and Thysyn

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I second the recommendation of Fromm Family Pet Food, they are great to deal with and have an excellent reputation. I did lots of reading, research and asked so many questions before getting my Bulldog. They stood alone to me for several important reasons. There are other good companies out there depending on where you live, etc. Both my almost 8 month old EBD has eaten their product (Grain-Free Heartland Gold Large Breed Puppy Food) since he was 8 weeks old and also his "older brother from another mother", a senior Shih Tzu who has tried a couple of different kinds (doing very well and staying fit on the Gold Reduced Activity & Senior Food now).

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Monty was on the Canadian Acana and doing very well. Then they changed to manufacturing in the US and I couldn't buy the Canadian-made food anymore. He had a huge yeast outbreak. Face, feet, ears, tail pocket. He was a mess. I cannot say 100% it was the food but the timing was certainly suspect and I believe in my heart it was. I changed brands and he hasn't had any more problems thank goodness. I have read on another dog site about people being very upset about the new food and having to stop feeding it.

karmasworld

Jan 6, 2014
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Karma and Diamond
Ok.... im going to say something and probably get "sh*t" for it. But heh, I speak my mine! Why on earth would ANYONE buy counterfeit dog food. Like why risk your dog/pet to save a few bucks? Im am NOT saying everything that comes out of China is bad or other countries either. But to save a few dollars and risk your pet's life? Ok my 2 cents. Ohhhhh one more thing... I have a rule....buy you food in pet shops or local shops. Like that if there is a recall it will be removed from the shelves and hopefully you get a phone call or an email from dog advisor. Hmmm
I think some think when they order online they are getting a product from the US which they can be...however, it may be coming from China....
I myself loved Acana Six Fish for my girls, their coat was beautiful,less shedding shiny they looked great...then my 1 girl did start having some issues...so i switched her back to Costco grain free and she 100 percent better...so who knows...i think if the new US Acana works.. great!!!.. if not ...move on[emoji4] 😉

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I think some think when they order online they are getting a product from the US which they can be...however, it may be coming from China....
I myself loved Acana Six Fish for my girls, their coat was beautiful,less shedding shiny they looked great...then my 1 girl did start having some issues...so i switched her back to Costco grain free and she 100 percent better...so who knows...i think if the new US Acana works.. great!!!.. if not ...move on[emoji4] ��

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

If you order straight from the company Champion in Alberta I doubt very much it will come from US or China. Send an email and ask them. Just a thought. :yes:

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
We feed Reggie Taste Of The Wild High Prairie puppy food (bison & venison).
We recently switched from Fish For Dogs after they changed their recipe and added more pea flour.
He absolutely loves the new food but since the switch we have seen a definite increase in smelly farts! We may switch again but it has only been 2 weeks.

spameggsandrice

Aug 14, 2017
Simpsonville, SC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brix
Purina Pro Plan Puppy (Focus) and once finished with the bag I will be transitioning to Wellness Core Puppy. After puppy stage I will continue with Wellness Core brand.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Purina Pro Plan Puppy (Focus) and once finished with the bag I will be transitioning to Wellness Core Puppy. After puppy stage I will continue with Wellness Core brand.

Hello there and welcome!!! If I can suggest, good job on getting your puppy OF of anything that is made by purina, hills, royal Canin and....I wouldn't even transition him to wellness. Way too many recalls!! This company contracts it outside. One big reason for all these recalls. My petshop the owner wont even mention it to any customers. She's waiting for the due date to expire to ship them back. Go with orijen, acana or fromm if you only want kibbles. Below is a link to keep in your bookmarks.

Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor

https://iheartdogs.com/company-rese...rmulas-and-finds-only-119-to-be-satisfactory/
Above link is in Alpha order.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Thank you. Those 2 links are very helpful. I will definitely look it over.

I say this often. If you start your pup (5-6 months old) on ONE protein per bag, you will eliminate a lot of headaches down the road if your dogs has allergies. You will know what to give and not. Change protein each month. Example: one month chicken, next month beef, following month lamb, duck, bision etc etc. That is if you only want to feed kibbles. Keep a journal if you have to like that a few years down the road you can always verify what your dog cant have. Nyala's is almost 2yrs old. Took a year to do this with kibbles, raw, veggies, fruits etc. But I know where I stand with her. Just a thought!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Right now:
French bulldog- Only Natural EasyRaw Turkey dehydrated raw
British bulldog- Canisource Grand Cru turkey dehydrated raw (only available in Canada)

nessiesnow

Jan 11, 2018
MICHIGAN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
DAISY
Our Daisy has tried Diamond grain free and Fromm. We even mixed the 2 for a long time. Then all of a sudden she started getting terrible eye stains, red paws and plain itchiness. So we went back to straight Fromm beef fritata and have had no change yet and it has been over 2 weeks. We are thinking of starting her on a homemade diet, any suggestions?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our Daisy has tried Diamond grain free and Fromm. We even mixed the 2 for a long time. Then all of a sudden she started getting terrible eye stains, red paws and plain itchiness. So we went back to straight Fromm beef fritata and have had no change yet and it has been over 2 weeks. We are thinking of starting her on a homemade diet, any suggestions?

try. theHonest Kitchen... great base ot you can buy with the protien add hot water and serve

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.