Collar Question

Lee and Manny

Aug 5, 2022
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Manny
Only just had my big man Manny. And we are looking into a collar just for aesthetics, as we use his harness for walks, to attach some tags too. So my question is which is the better collar for my boy?

Attachments

• 20220728_184936.jpg
    20220728_184936.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 53

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Only just had my big man Manny. And we are looking into a collar just for aesthetics, as we use his harness for walks, to attach some tags too. So my question is which is the better collar for my boy?

I use RC pets collar for my dogs, really good. I also only walk my dogs on a harness and the collar is only on them for the decoration and tags.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
We used harnesses for all of our bulldogs and Millie until a few weeks ago when we discovered 5/8” soft lines slip leads. They’re actually fun, it’s strange to say. The rope is thick and soft and has a good weight to it. You can adjust it to fit really easily and it cinches when they pull. I think the thick rope and the simplicity of it all looks really cool on a bulldog too ;)

My daughter found them at a random vendor at a show we were at and I owed her a souvenir. I’m really glad I did.

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
I initially used a figure-8 harness on Porkchop but he often pulled when walking. The pressure of those straps seemed to be constricting his breathing. So I bought a Julius K-9 harness. The straps are much wider, adjustable for the chest front and girth, and it easily slips on. There is also a handle on top that you can grab if necessary. This is the best harness ever, IMO. Of course, you would want to wait until your dog is grown. Chewy sells them but selection is better at the Julius K-9 site. The logos on the side are velcro (It comes with the Julius logo) but you can order one with your dog's name or "Do Not Pet", among others.harness.jpg

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
We use harness. Collar only for tags, not worn when at home.

One time, Angus, just out of the blue, decided to jump off the dock into deep waters. Good thing he had a harness on. We were able to pull him up with the leash and harness without either one breaking. Whew! We would have had to fish both my husband and the dog out with a boat!

Members online

No members online now.