ThatsBull

Sep 10, 2014
Saskatchewan
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tia
Hi There!

I just wanted to introduce myself a little bit!

My name is Christine, I am the mom to 2 girls (8yrs and 10 yrs), 3 dog fur babies, 2 cat fur babies, and 2 horses (boarded, we don't have an acreage).

About 6 months ago, I adopted a 10 year old Rottweiler from a local SPCA (about an hour from me), and he is amazing. I added that SPCA on Facebook, and looked through the dogs posted as found or for adoption, and gave updates on Taz our Rotty. One day they posted 2 dogs that were "found". One of which looked like a Bulldog/Boxer from the picture, and I thought she was pretty cute. I asked the manager of the SPCA to let me know if she wasn't claimed. She got back to me later that day. It turns out that the person who "found" the 2 dogs was actually the owner, and she didn't have the nerve to say she wanted to rehome them (thank goodness for small towns). I went to go meet her the next day! Imagine when I got there, and met a full English Bulldog!! Very affectionate, good with kids, cats and other dogs, not dominant at all, about 1 year old....I adopted her. Her name when we got her was Frenchie (wait...what? She's an ENGLISH Bulldog), thankfully she didn't know her name. She was in very good condition, but didn't know her name, or any commands at all. I have had her for about a month, and taught her to sit, to lay down, and to shake a paw, and she knows her name.

She is a total cuddle bug, but has been getting a bit over-hyper lately, so it's time to work on some new tricks. She will be going into agility this month. While I was at the vet's to get meds for my Rotty, one of the vets stopped and patted Tia, and said she was the nicest Bulldog he had seen, in temperment and in body condition! Made my day!

I joined here because I adopted this girl while knowing NOTHING about the breed (it all happened VERY quickly). I knew that she made me smile and laugh right away, and that was that. I figured, here maybe I could learn more about them, and about food, training, etc!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hi and welcome to the forum :-) agree with Jimmy we need pictures :-) any questions you might have dont hesitate to post

OP
ThatsBull

ThatsBull

Sep 10, 2014
Saskatchewan
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tia
TiaRhea.jpgTiaSmall.jpg20140817_233247.jpg

That's all I have right now. My Rotty has been really sick (like knocking on death's door) for 2 weeks. He is recovering now, and I should be able to get some NICE pictures of Tia I hope!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN!! What a beautiful girl Tia is.... love the name!

At 1 yr old... she is coming into the teenage years and also getting comfortable in her new surroundings/home - so more of her personality is coming out and she is looking to push the limits. Agility is great if she has the energy - most Bulldogs do not, but i have seen in person, a Bulldog that was great at it, and it was the only time he would run :D

This easy training technique will totally help with her - http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...85-Nothing-in-Life-is-Free-training-technique

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome!! So glad you rescued her. She's a beautiful girl! :luv:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3:Hi Christine, and welcome to EBN. Thank you so much for rescuing sweet Tia. You are awesome. I'll never understand how people can just abandon their babies. You will absolutely love this breed, they are so loyal affectionate, and comical. My guys make me laugh all the time. You'll love this site as well. Lots of great Information, and lots of great members who are always willing to help with questions, advice, and experiences. I'm looking forward to seeing more of you and your babies on here, and please share your pictures.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
:hiii::welcome:what a gem something brought you together and see how far she has come
What are you feeding Tia, info Iike this can be found on the top of this page on the right hand side is a search engine
Enter whatever you are interested in and it wiII puII up threads that are related
CarefuI site can be addictive :jaja:

OP
ThatsBull

ThatsBull

Sep 10, 2014
Saskatchewan
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tia
Thanks everyone!

I am excited to learn more about the breed, and to meet other bully lovers. My husband calls her "fugly", and she is getting a bit rambuncious these days, but when she is calm and cuddly, I think he secretly likes her. I think agility will be great for her, she's a pretty energetic girl. My daughter will be taking our border collie cross too, and my best friend will be bringing one of her mini aussies (between me and my daughter and my 2 friends, we will occupy half the agility class). Registration is in 5 days!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.