Bella is limping on her back right leg...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Well I made it and I misread the recipe. I put the whole 1 1/2 cups of water in (instead of reading the 1 to 1 1/2 cups) and now itā€™s still watery even though it has been in the fridge.
Darn it.....
now what? Still give her the same dosage?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peppermint is strong if you put it directly on her skin...use CO or even olive oil if you donā€™t have any co. 2oz of CO n 10 drops of Peppermint n 10 of lavender....

Get fresh turmeric, ginger n a pinch of black pepper if youā€™re in a hurry.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
I do have coconut oil but it is kind of solid. Should I melt it a little before adding the oils? Will the drops help make it less solid?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I do have coconut oil but it is kind of solid. Should I melt it a little before adding the oils? Will the drops help make it less solid?

No No donā€™t melt it. Take 2tablespoon of it n blend it VERY WELL...use a fork. The more you fork it the more it will soften:)

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No No donā€™t melt it. Take 2tablespoon of it n blend it VERY WELL...use a fork. The more you fork it the more it will soften:)

Ok. So 2 Tablespoons coconut oil and 10 drops of lavender and 10 drops of peppermint?

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes Madame!

Thank you!
I hope I am not asking too many dumb questions!! I have no experience with EOā€™s! :no:
How much should I use at one time? (Pea size, dime size ext...)
How often should/can I use it? And do just massage it into her leg?
Will she be oily? Lol....

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you!
I hope I am not asking too many dumb questions!! I have no experience with EOā€™s! :no:
How much should I use at one time? (Pea size, dime size ext...)
How often should/can I use it? And do just massage it into her leg?
Will she be oily? Lol....

Just like you would put on yourself. Enough to cover the pain area. Mind you hard to figure out her pain area as youā€™re not in her skin. So...yes cover whole area.

Btw, ask any questions you want! Thatā€™s how we learn in life, by asking. Have a safe trip!!!

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Update on Bella!

She is still limping a little but Iā€™d say she is 75% better!
She is still spending most of her time in her crate.
68c5cfa7e6abf4825bc27a3fee0556c3.jpg

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Bella looks at us with indignation! How bad of mom to imprison poor Bella! Be patient girl Just couple more days and mom will parole you.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Update on Bella!

She is still limping a little but Iā€™d say she is 75% better!
She is still spending most of her time in her crate.

Welcome back... did you end up going to the vet before leaving? 75% is GREAT!!!

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I never did get her to the vet last week, since she had improved so much in that couple of days.
We are still in Florida at my dads house. She has been spending a lot of time in her crate and has improved so much!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I was just thinking about you guys and wondering how Bella was doing...glad to hear she is improving! She'll be back to normal in no time.

OptimisticBully

Sep 3, 2018
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Kobieski ( Scott)
I go through this with Hank as well and will do asprin but also use the turmeric concockshon and so far, he does get better. As long as i can keep him quiet ....... but i usually do that for a week.

What would be the dose of aspirin? I would appreciate very much if you could tell me. Thanks a lot!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
What would be the dose of aspirin? I would appreciate very much if you could tell me. Thanks a lot!

https://www.certapet.com/aspirin-for-dogs/

For informational purposes, we have included a guide to aspirin dosage based on your dogā€™s body weight that will give you an idea of how much to give your pooch.

0-5 pounds: 25-50mg of Aspirin or Ā½ a Baby Aspirin tablet (Common breeds: Chihuahua, Pomeranian)
5-10 pounds: 50-100mg of Aspirin or 1 Baby Aspirin tablet (Common breeds: Pekingese, Miniature Fox Terrier)
10-20 pounds: 100-200mg of Aspirin or Ā½ an Adult Aspirin tablet (Common breeds: Beagle, Miniature Poodle)
20-40 pounds: 200-400mg of Aspirin or 1 Adult Aspirin tablet (Common breeds: Samoyed, Shar Pei)
40-60 pounds: 300-600mg of Aspirin or 1-2 Adult Aspirin tablets (Common breeds: Labrador Retriever, Golden Retriever)
60-80 pounds: 400-800mg of Aspirin or 2 Adult Aspirin tablets (Common breeds: Akita, Rottweiler)
80-100+ pounds: 500-1000mg of Aspirin or 2-3 Adult Aspirin tablets (Common breeds: Great Dane, Bullmastiff)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
https://www.certapet.com/aspirin-for-dogs/

For informational purposes, we have included a guide to aspirin dosage based on your dogā€™s body weight that will give you an idea of how much to give your pooch.

0-5 pounds: 25-50mg of Aspirin or Ā½ a Baby Aspirin tablet (Common breeds: Chihuahua, Pomeranian)
5-10 pounds: 50-100mg of Aspirin or 1 Baby Aspirin tablet (Common breeds: Pekingese, Miniature Fox Terrier)
10-20 pounds: 100-200mg of Aspirin or Ā½ an Adult Aspirin tablet (Common breeds: Beagle, Miniature Poodle)
20-40 pounds: 200-400mg of Aspirin or 1 Adult Aspirin tablet (Common breeds: Samoyed, Shar Pei)
40-60 pounds: 300-600mg of Aspirin or 1-2 Adult Aspirin tablets (Common breeds: Labrador Retriever, Golden Retriever)
60-80 pounds: 400-800mg of Aspirin or 2 Adult Aspirin tablets (Common breeds: Akita, Rottweiler)
80-100+ pounds: 500-1000mg of Aspirin or 2-3 Adult Aspirin tablets (Common breeds: Great Dane, Bullmastiff)

Should make this a sticky for future reference!

Members online

No members online now.