Standing

Lorraine

Jun 6, 2022
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
Was wondering if anyone could tell me why my 10month old oldee english bulldogge front legs are like this when he stand or sits. He's a large breed

OP
L

Lorraine

Jun 6, 2022
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
20220524_115613966.jpgcan anyone tell me why my 10month old oldee english bulldogge sits and stands with paws kut

Last edited:

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
I’ve heard of legs being twisted when born that right up after a few days, but at 10 months I would assume permanent. Does he not walk like this?

Last edited:
OP
L

Lorraine

Jun 6, 2022
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
Looks like a birth defect. How are his legs when he walks?
He walks with his feet forward but when he was born he's always had huge paws. It doesn't hurt or bother him i was going to by him leg straps but Don know if it would help

OP
L

Lorraine

Jun 6, 2022
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
I’ve heard of legs being twisted when born that right up after a few days, but at 10 months I would assume permanent. Does he not walk like this?
He walks with his feet normal lol.but stands and sits with his feet outwards! His paws have always been huge so wasn't sure If it's maybe been that.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
if it’s not bothering him I would leave it be. It is worth noting that, at least for English bulldogs, the AKC doesn’t have a standard for which direction the paws should face.

OP
L

Lorraine

Jun 6, 2022
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
if it’s not bothering him I would leave it be. It is worth noting that, at least for English bulldogs, the AKC doesn’t have a standard for which direction the paws should face.
Oh does it not.. he's an oldee english so hopefully the same applies to him . Yes it doesn't bother him I actually thought it was for balance as he is a meter long and 6 stone .he's only 10month lol

OP
L

Lorraine

Jun 6, 2022
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
Looks like a birth defect. How are his legs when he walks? Looks like he may have had ricketts as a baby-due to nutritional lacking.
I got him when he's was 8 weeks and put him on royal canine biscuits straightway and then moved him onto the raw aswell.il Google rickets

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If no pain and he walks well, it Might not be anything to worry about.

OP
L

Lorraine

Jun 6, 2022
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
If no pain and he walks well, it Might not be anything to worry about.
I've just seen another pup from the litter and it's feet a bit like that aswell and so we're the papas so I'm guessing genetic.he can run and jump just as good as any other dog lol.jjst looks daft when he stands

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@Lorraine As long as he can play, walk,(y) and run it will just add more to his personality!!

Members online

No members online now.