RJISATERP WAS ON THE ROAD AND THEN SOME

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Two weeks ago, my wife and I left Maryland to go to Texas, specifically Round Rock. The first night we spent in Ft. Payne Alabama a nice quaint place and without incident. The following night was in Beaumont (please see https://www.englishbulldognews.com/threads/what-does-b-o-h-i-c-a-mean.63704/ ). The Toyota dealership replaced the parts in a timely manner and we were back on the road. As a precaution, we also installed a catalytic converter anti-theft device...you crawl under my car and a death ray will silence you. As we passed through Houston, we stopped to have lunch with one of my soldiers from 1988 and his name is Dale. He is also the one that sends me a Mother's Day Card (please see picture #1). I am proud of him for being extremely successful. Six figure job and he is working from home. Actually, he has 2 homes...one in Spring Texas and a ranch in LaGrange Texas. His shenanigans sometimes got him in trouble as a soldier with the command but I am thankful we had a great Company Commander who usually told me to handle it in lieu of an Article 15 which is not too great to have under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). Any service member will tell you that. At any rate, Dale knew my wife is a vegetarian so he picked a place...Mediterranean restaurant which was right up the alley for my wife. Denise was in heaven with this place. I had to ask were the beef was. ;) Well we made it to Round Rock after a couple hour drive from Houston and I will say that Texas has grown. I lived in Houston as a kid and when I lived there off of US-90 (now I-10), we were outside the city limits. I lived on the street Wycliffe Drive. Now the city limits is almost if not in Katy, Texas.

On Friday, my Brother-in-Law was interred at a Veterans cemetery in Killeen, Texas with full military honors. The soldiers did an outstanding job with the ceremony and I told them so as a retired First Sergeant. Our Army is fantastic with good soldiers. I saluted them and said thank you. On Saturday, we had a Celebration of Life. Magic show because my BIL was into magic as well as square dancing with the Killeen Kickers. All in all very memorable send off.

On our way back, we stopped in Tennessee to see on of EBN's members... @Manydogs (please see picture #2) . She has 6 dogs. Two bullies...Maude (please see picture #3) and Martha. A French Pug mix (Minnie) and two long haired puppies Lizzy and Bro. There was one guard dog in the field with the horse and donkey but I do not recall his name. God what a great visit. I had bully therapy from Maude and Martha and the rest of the crew. @Manydogs was extremely hospitable and opened her house to us. What a great lady and farmer.

I would have liked to meet other EBN Members but maybe next time we are on the road.
20220825_141635.jpg
20220829_153201.jpg

Attachments

• 20220829_150057.jpg
    20220829_150057.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Sounds like a good sendoff. <3
I was just thinking about you. The Chesapeake Bulldog Club just released their premium list for a 3 day show in Howard County (at the fair grounds): October 14-16. There will be a lot of lovely bulldogs there to see and I can tell you first hand the people are wonderful to talk to.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Sounds like a good sendoff. <3
I was just thinking about you. The Chesapeake Bulldog Club just released their premium list for a 3 day show in Howard County (at the fair grounds): October 14-16. There will be a lot of lovely bulldogs there to see and I can tell you first hand the people are wonderful to talk to.
Benny...That sounds great. We will be there!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, it started out bumpy, but you seemed to otherwise have a great trip.

what a wonderful photo of you and Lynn.. as well as the pups! So happy you made that long ride there and back safely.

thanks so much for sharing.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, it started out bumpy, but you seemed to otherwise have a great trip.

what a wonderful photo of you and Lynn.. as well as the pups! So happy you made that long ride there and back safely.

thanks so much for sharing.
@Manydogs is such a great lady. Her sister does not live far from here so if she visits, we need to get together and go to dinner (no...not McDonald's). Hope she likes beef.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OH my gosh... this post MADE my day!!! I'm so glad you got to visit w/Lynn... the next time you go you need to let me know. I want to meet you & Lynn TOO!!! :love:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Now that’s a great trip! So nice to see you both!!!

A trip I would love to do. Just drive through USA and pit stop to see ALL you guys with the pups. Enjoy your road trip…Keep the photos coming! 🚗🚗🚗

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OH my gosh... this post MADE my day!!! I'm so glad you got to visit w/Lynn... the next time you go you need to let me know. I want to meet you & Lynn TOO!!! :love:
I sent you a pm because we passed through Nashville and kind of took detours but no reply.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Now that’s a great trip! So nice to see you both!!!

A trip I would love to do. Just drive through USA and pit stop to see ALL you guys with the pups. Enjoy your road trip…Keep the photos coming! 🚗🚗🚗
Yes not too bad of a trip except for the catalytic converter being ripped off. We visited with family and friends.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Roger such a nice update!! Glad your tripped turned around, and you got to enjoy Lynn and her crew

Members online

No members online now.