My dog vomits often on mornings

BRUTUS10

Jun 27, 2021
Country
Turkey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
Hi first of all ı dont know If I opened the topic right place or not so forgive me about that.
If I have to explain my issue ls that my english bulldog vomits often on mornings when he vomited just before he is standing up hardly and he is losing yourself even he pee unintentionally.it is always happening only mornings.Do you know what is the reason that. It is not a new thing .it is carrying on since 5-6 months
Screenshot_20220420-120308~2.png

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
It is a normal physiological response for dogs to lose balance, faint, etc when vomiting - it's not something every dog will do, but some dogs will and some will grow into or out of that response.

They shouldn't be vomiting every morning though. Can you provide more information about what is happening before vomiting? Some prompts:
  1. How long has it been since they've eaten when this happens
    1. what food?
    2. is there water added?
      1. how much?
  2. What type of water are they getting? This is an odd question, but what I mean is is it tap, filtered? do you drink it? Are you adding anything to it (like vinegar)?

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi first of all ı dont know If I opened the topic right place or not so forgive me about that.
If I have to explain my issue ls that my english bulldog vomits often on mornings when he vomited just before he is standing up hardly and he is losing yourself even he pee unintentionally.it is always happening only mornings.Do you know what is the reason that. It is not a new thing .it is carrying on since 5-6 monthsView attachment 122705

Vomiting in the morning, is usually due to the empty stomach. Is it foam he is throwing up???? Is it before he eats breakfast that he vomits???

My dog also vomits in the morning before breakfast from a empty stomach and that has been since he was 6 months old.
My dog hasnā€™t vomited in the morning since 3 months ago, the way to stop it from happening is give him a snack before bed which helps get him thru til the morning breakfast.

If it was my dog I would give breakfast @8-8:30(unless he vomits sooner like 6am), then dinner @4 pm and a snack right before bed(as late as you can).

Thatā€™s the only way to stop this from happening, what I do for my dogs is:

-Breakfast @8:30-9 at latest
-Dinner @4:00pm
-Snack right before bed@10pm at the earliest(sometimes he eats the sanctuary @11 it depends but no earlier than 10pm)

That has put a stop to the morning vomit before breakfast. Thatā€™s from them being hungry, if itā€™s just foam then that tells you for sure thatā€™s what itā€™s from(hungry/empty stomach and needs snack before bed, and earlier breakfast)

What is he currently eating????
Brand and protein??

The snack before bed though canā€™t just be a treat, split his daily amount into 3 servings(or give at least 1/2 cup of food at bed time snack, not just a treat, small meal) then the rest of his daily amount can be divided into breakfast and dinner.

Hopefully with a snack before bed, he will stop vomiting in the morning! I know a few people with dogs with this issues and problem solved with snack before bed and earlier breakfast(same as my dog).

Keep us updated!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN! What does the vomit look likeā€¦ clear, yellow any food in it?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Does your dog snore? Is his breathing rattled after physical exertion? Is the vomit yellow? Does this happen on days when you sleep in a bit? When is his last feeding for the day?

Members online

No members online now.