Marty’s natures blend raw?

TxMom2

May 1, 2022
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louise and Chief
Has anyone heard of this food/used this food for their EB? If so where do you get yours??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have not heard of it….. is it local to you or a national brand?

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Has anyone heard of this food/used this food for their EB? If so where do you get yours??

Yes I have heard of this food, it’s a freeze dried raw but it’s very expensive.

It’s a good food, some people use it as a topper. The only thing it needs is added water.

Raw diet is still recommended!

OP
TxMom2

TxMom2

May 1, 2022
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louise and Chief
I have not heard of it….. is it local to you or a national brand?
I came across it on an advertisement and watched a whole informercial on it. The guy is a well known veterinarian who created his own dog food and it’s supposed to be the best diet for dogs because it doesn’t have the fillers and has organ meat and all the good stuff that dogs need.
I was just wondering if anyone personally had gotten it and what they thought.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
So, I just packaged 25 days worth of raw meat for my bulldog for $95.
I shopped at the local butcher's (like a regular grocery store except that 90% of the store is the meat section).
I got:
bone-in chicken thighs
assorted pork chops
beef hearts
chicken gizzards
calf liver
chicken liver
beef kidney
chicken backs
turkey necks
chicken feet
catfish
and this thing the butcher sells called "Scooby Doo" which is basically the remnants of the meat cutting machine that looks like fine ground meat - it's combined beef, pork, and lamb this time.

Normally, I would get duck, rabbit, quail, and gator as well but these things has almost doubled in price post pandemic! It's crazy! I'll have to get them from the reptile pet shop again which is fine but I just feel better about my dog's food coming from the human grocery store.

OP
TxMom2

TxMom2

May 1, 2022
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louise and Chief
Saw it on Amazon Canada and for 454g (1lb) @ 55$ No thanks. Might be great food but definitely not worth the $. In a nutshell a 50lb EB needs approx 1lb per day. I love my dogs but they ain’t eating 385$ a week x3 🙃
Jeez! I’m in the US. On the website it says it’s 29$ per bag, but I couldn’t find the amount in 1 bag. We pay 55$ a bag but it’s a huge bag. But I’m looking to feed something a lot more nutritious and try to prevent them from ongoing health problems.

OP
TxMom2

TxMom2

May 1, 2022
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louise and Chief
So, I just packaged 25 days worth of raw meat for my bulldog for $95.
I shopped at the local butcher's (like a regular grocery store except that 90% of the store is the meat section).
I got:
bone-in chicken thighs
assorted pork chops
beef hearts
chicken gizzards
calf liver
chicken liver
beef kidney
chicken backs
turkey necks
chicken feet
catfish
and this thing the butcher sells called "Scooby Doo" which is basically the remnants of the meat cutting machine that looks like fine ground meat - it's combined beef, pork, and lamb this time.

Normally, I would get duck, rabbit, quail, and gator as well but these things has almost doubled in price post pandemic! It's crazy! I'll have to get them from the reptile pet shop again which is fine but I just feel better about my dog's food coming from the human grocery store.
Wow. That’s what I’m talking about! I have 2 little kids and my 2 little baby EB’s. Chief is 3 months old and 20 lbs. Louise is 4 months old and 15 lbs. i feed them what the breeder recommended which is Bil-jac puppy food. I also feed them plain Greek yogurt and cottage cheese daily and boiled carrots occasionally. I know I need to go raw but it’s finding the time to make sure I’m feeding them what they can handle and digest in their puppy years. I do plan to go raw though. I’ve been so consumed with Louise and getting her through this pneumonia/bronchitis and vet trips, making sure she doesn’t get over heated with her hypoplastic trachea. Thank you for the advice!

Let me ask you this, you said bone in? So they eat the bone?

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Jeez! I’m in the US. On the website it says it’s 29$ per bag, but I couldn’t find the amount in 1 bag. We pay 55$ a bag but it’s a huge bag. But I’m looking to feed something a lot more nutritious and try to prevent them from ongoing health problems.

a raw diet is a good diet to prevent new health issues. Meat/organs/ bone in frozen raw dog food(thaw it in fridge the day before feeding).

Lots of nutrition in raw diet an it’s fresh for them not processed.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
a raw diet is a good diet to prevent new health issues. Meat/organs/ bone in frozen raw dog food(thaw it in fridge the day before feeding).

Lots of nutrition in raw diet an it’s fresh for them not processed.

I forgot to mention
Also the bone is ground up in the meat with organs and the food comes in patties usually.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
When feeding puppies raw, you need to make sure their meals are completely balanced with every meal as they are growing. When feeding raw to adults, you can balance over time and not every meals needs to be balanced.

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
When feeding puppies raw, you need to make sure their meals are completely balanced with every meal as they are growing. When feeding raw to adults, you can balance over time and not every meals needs to be balanced.
Cbrugs - what do you mean when you say it needs to be balanced for adults? I feed my adult EB Vital Essentials raw duck patties and a probiotic. Is this balanced or do I need to add something?
Here are the ingredients for the Vital Essentials raw duck:
Duck, duck gizzard, duck heart, duck liver, herring oil, vitamin E supplement, zinc amino acid complex, iron amino acid complex, copper amino acid complex, manganese amino acid complex

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cbrugs - what do you mean when you say it needs to be balanced for adults? I feed my adult EB Vital Essentials raw duck patties and a probiotic. Is this balanced or do I need to add something?
Here are the ingredients for the Vital Essentials raw duck:
Duck, duck gizzard, duck heart, duck liver, herring oil, vitamin E supplement, zinc amino acid complex, iron amino acid complex, copper amino acid complex, manganese amino acid complex
I have never fed raw to a puppy and have always waited until after they are 1 year old. For puppies, they have specific nutritional needs and feeding a raw diet will need to be balanced every day.

Here is a link to some guides for feeding puppies raw - https://perfectlyrawsome.com/raw-feeding-puppy-guides/

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I have never fed raw to a puppy and have always waited until after they are 1 year old. For puppies, they have specific nutritional needs and feeding a raw diet will need to be balanced every day.

Here is a link to some guides for feeding puppies raw - https://perfectlyrawsome.com/raw-feeding-puppy-guides/

There is some raw companies that make puppy specific formulas.

The puppy nutrition difference is
They need 12-15% bone content and a little higher in fat(usually 2% more fat than adult formulas) in their raw diet.
Adult dogs need 10-12% bone content in the raw diet. The rest of nutrients are the same(I have taken courses for dog nutrition).

It’s important to actually start them on raw from day 1 of having them. My breeder is now putting all her puppies on raw diet as soon as they are weaned.
They need good nutrition to build their immune systems, kibble should be a last resort.

Where I work, their is SO many people who come to us and feed their puppies raw diet from day 1 of having them, some people actually do the raw puppy formulas for 2-3 months, then rotate thru adult formulas and all the puppies have grown great with no health issues.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
They need good nutrition to build their immune systems, kibble should be a last resort.
I am just going to say that while raw may be the best diet, some people can't afford to feed it or can't feed it for other reasons. Yes, kibble is basically processed food but there are crappy kibbles and there are higher quality kibbles. People need to feed their dogs the best they can and feed what works for them. I would never tell someone that kibble should be a last resort. That just isn't realistic for some people. And there are plenty of ways to enhance a kibble diet.

Calcium and phosphorus ratios are also different for puppies.

📰 Latest posts

Members online