Mal-a-ket vs Douxo

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
My dog does not like mal-a-ket wipes and tries to wipe it off when i clean her nose rope. the vet said this shouldnt sting but my dog acts like it does or maybe she does not like the smell.
which is better ma-a-ket wipes or douxo pads?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I like the chlorhexidine wipes. I tried the Mal-a-let one time I didn’t like them at all.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Just be very careful on their faces with the chlorhexidine, it's really bad for eyes.

That being said, Chlorhexidine is amazing stuff. You can get a gallon of veterinarian grade 2% chlorhexidine for $15-20 (amazon or wherever). Use it, carefully, soaked into gauze or a clean soft cloth.
If you gently dry the area really well after cleaning with Chlorhexidine, and give it a dusting of corn starch afterwards the area should itch a lot less, and not at all once it's under control. Clean and powder twice a day until the issue is resolved then maintenance (for problem ropes or pockets it's at least 1-2 times a week)

Way back when I was a kid our ebd's rope always had issues. The next breeder we found recommended corn starch and we haven't had problems since then (3 more). Regular cleanings and corn starch is the answer.

Last edited:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I use fragrance free baby whips (Costco) n that’s it. Then dry with paper towel which is the most important part. Once or twice a week I add either my essential oil mix or witch hazel on the wipe.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I use witch Hazel on a cotton pad daily or every other day

Members online

No members online now.