Looking for advice on how to treat redness on folds

dambalasek14

Jan 30, 2024
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Brody
Hi I'm from Philippines new to this forum. Is this bad? I noticed this a few weeks ago and did some research that it has something to do with food. Today, I switched his food to a dog food with bovine meal instead of poultry meal. Hoping for good result. Any help or treatment advice is welcome. For now this is the only part that is affected and also the front paws. :(
417246371_1423272211925098_8513892718911691169_n (1).jpg

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
I use a product called "White Winkle" it works wonders for this kind of thing.

OP
dambalasek14

dambalasek14

Jan 30, 2024
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Brody
Hello n welcome. Wash n dry then add NuStock. It will heal. Numerous members as myself swears by this product. It’s natural too. My vet also uses it on his horses. Are sure to mix the tube properly.

Btw what do you feed your dog?

Hi Thank you so much. I use to feed him, Hollistic recipe, then I switched to this yesterday after reviewing all the positive feedback. This is a local dog food in my country.
418852488_299380936443816_3593014577335568642_n.jpg

OP
dambalasek14

dambalasek14

Jan 30, 2024
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Brody
I use a product called "White Winkle" it works wonders for this kind of thing.
Looks like a solid product but unfortunately it's not available in the PHilippines. :(

OP
dambalasek14

dambalasek14

Jan 30, 2024
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Brody

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Could this be a staph infection? I see what appears to be a little bit of tan-colored crust on the area in the mid-face. If I were attempting a home treatment without a clear diagnosis on the cause, I would clean with an anti-fungal, anti-microbial product, dry the area, and apply a small amount of Desitin ointment (sold for baby diaper rash). The zinc may help. I would only apply the anti-fungal cleanser on the paws, not the Desitin. It may also help to soak the feet in an epsom salt solution with warm water. I would do each of these treatments at least once a day, if not twice, depending on the severity and perceived discomfort that you feel from your dog. I personally doubt this is food-related or it surely would be affecting the whole body, not just the face and paws.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Allergies rarely ever cause localized inflammation in this location. Typical allergy(food or contact dermatitis) will cause tear stains, paw chewing, and generalized itching and scratching over the face and torso. What I see in the pic looks infected and could be a chemical burn from inadequate rinsing after a bath. This particular location is prone to this(chemical burn) because dogs don't like to have their faces rinsed and soap can easily collect in this area. Was he bathed within the last 14 days? What shampoo did you use?
For the time being, I would wipe this area down with a warm wet wash cloth and apply the Nustock. You should note healing within a week. It may scab over and "look" bad at first but that's just part of the healing process.
Be sure to rinse rinse rinse after bathing and then rinse again...especially the head and neck area.

Last edited:
OP
dambalasek14

dambalasek14

Jan 30, 2024
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Brody
Allergies rarely ever cause localized inflammation in this location. Typical allergy(food or contact dermatitis) will cause tear stains, paw chewing, and generalized itching and scratching over the face and torso. What I see in the pic looks infected and could be a chemical burn from inadequate rinsing after a bath. This particular location is prone to this(chemical burn) because dogs don't like to have their faces rinsed and soap can easily collect in this area. Was he bathed within the last 14 days? What shampoo did you use?
For the time being, I would wipe this area down with a warm wet wash cloth and apply the Nustock. You should note healing within a week. It may scab over and "look" bad at first but that's just part of the healing process.
Be sure to rinse rinse rinse after bathing and then rinse again...especially the head and neck area.
Thank you very much. I see, this might cause by soap not getting rinsed well.

Members online

No members online now.