Just Adopted an English Bulldog

AmyDetUK

Feb 28, 2022
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Cadbury
Hello!

I'm an American living in the UK, and my partner and I have just been approved to adopt an English Bulldog from a rescue here. She's 9 months old and was seized with around 40 other bulldogs from an illegal puppy farm. We've met her twice and introduced her to our Puggle (they seem to love each other) and are due to sign the papers and bring her home this Friday. We're naming her Cadbury, and we're very excited!

We previously had an EBD/Puggle cross who looked and behaved very much like an EBD, but this is our first full EBD. (The rescue has listed her as an EBD cross because they can't confirm her father, but they believe she is a full EBD.) So I've joined this forum to learn more about proper EBD care and get advice.

Here are some photos of her:

IMG-0557 Copy.JPG

IMG-0533 Copy.jpg

IMG-0534 Copy.JPG

Last edited:
That is a pretty puppy. She's definately all bulldog. No doubt about that. Good luck with her and just be patient. She's got a lot to learn. Have fun.

That is a pretty puppy. She's definately all bulldog. No doubt about that. Good luck with her and just be patient. She's got a lot to learn. Have fun.
Thanks! We're already completely in love with her.

I work from home, so I'll be spending a lot of time getting her used to her new environment and slowly introducing her to new things/situations. Her biggest issue at the moment is that she's a big baby who has no understanding of her own size and strength, so I need to work on that right away. She's very athletic and bouncy.

From my two visits with her, I can already tell she's stubborn (what a shock for a bulldog! LOL), but she's also sweet as pie and highly, highly food motivated, so that gives me something to work with.

Congratulations... she is precious!!!

She's beautiful!

Thanks! We're already completely in love with her.

I work from home, so I'll be spending a lot of time getting her used to her new environment and slowly introducing her to new things/situations. Her biggest issue at the moment is that she's a big baby who has no understanding of her own size and strength, so I need to work on that right away. She's very athletic and bouncy.

From my two visits with her, I can already tell she's stubborn (what a shock for a bulldog! LOL), but she's also sweet as pie and highly, highly food motivated, so that gives me something to work with.
congratulations, she's a stunner! i'm in the uk too :) but i have to tell you, my little guy is nearly 2 and has no understanding of his size or strength :ROFLMAO:

Congratulations and thank you for adopting her! Walks , walks, and more walks to get that energy out of her and get your pug and her to bond.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!

I'm an American living in the UK, and my partner and I have just been approved to adopt an English Bulldog from a rescue here. She's 9 months old and was seized with around 40 other bulldogs from an illegal puppy farm. We've met her twice and introduced her to our Puggle (they seem to love each other) and are due to sign the papers and bring her home this Friday. We're naming her Cadbury, and we're very excited!

We previously had an EBD/Puggle cross who looked and behaved very much like an EBD, but this is our first full EBD. (The rescue has listed her as an EBD cross because they can't confirm her father, but they believe she is a full EBD.) So I've joined this forum to learn more about proper EBD care and get advice.

Here are some photos of her:

View attachment 122471
View attachment 122472
View attachment 122473
Congratulations!!:happy2: She is so Beautiful!!! What a gorgeous stance and her coloring is so pretty!!

She looks like trouble...ready to tear up something. Missing any shoes? Car tires? Furniture? ;)
BTW, watch that pink on her nose/face, it can sunburn easily. Congrats!

shes beautiful thanks for adopting her and i am not sure any Bulldog ever realises how strong they are :)

where abouts in the UK are you?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.
Back