Jake has a timer….

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hard to take photos when he keeps moving. He’s so food drive…

Was watch something on TV n Jake lays there waiting till I get up cause hey, it’s 5 o’clock somewhere.
Photos
1. 4:15
2. 4:30
3. 4:45
4. 5:00
5. Hey Ma it’s 5pm‼️

Attachments

• 9EBA2ED4-944D-4D98-851F-E5E8582FA62F.jpeg
    9EBA2ED4-944D-4D98-851F-E5E8582FA62F.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 29
  • C74EE6CE-9EA4-4DEE-B6D7-A8AF921ED7C5.jpeg
    C74EE6CE-9EA4-4DEE-B6D7-A8AF921ED7C5.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 3EB488E4-D1CA-4D48-A0CC-470E74E78C51.jpeg
    3EB488E4-D1CA-4D48-A0CC-470E74E78C51.jpeg
    718.7 KB · Views: 27
  • FC78F316-869F-4A5C-B649-763762FEDA3C.jpeg
    FC78F316-869F-4A5C-B649-763762FEDA3C.jpeg
    789.6 KB · Views: 28
  • EAB1130D-67A4-4C7E-8610-B19A8EB82891.jpeg
    EAB1130D-67A4-4C7E-8610-B19A8EB82891.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
  • 2D9A6A69-9EE8-4D00-9BCE-A516C135F0C5.jpeg
    2D9A6A69-9EE8-4D00-9BCE-A516C135F0C5.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 32
  • 064373D9-60A0-4855-8B92-230D32E3DD49.jpeg
    064373D9-60A0-4855-8B92-230D32E3DD49.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 31

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Mine all know when it’s time to eat at 4 pm…like they can read the clock lol…Jax will just start staring at you a few minutes before it’s time.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hard to take photos when he keeps moving. He’s so food drive…

Was watch something on TV n Jake lays there waiting till I get up cause hey, it’s 5 o’clock somewhere.
Photos
1. 4:15
2. 4:30
3. 4:45
4. 5:00
5. Hey Ma it’s 5pm‼️

My dogs know when it’s dinner time @4:00 and Rusty cause he needs a snack before bed so he doesn’t vomit from being hungry in middle of night, so at 9:45 he will stare at me, and at 10:00pm or a couple minutes before, he walks over to the fridge at sits there looking at the fridge, he knows exactly where we get the food from 😊

One day Rusty came to work with me for the first time, it was a 10 hour shift so I had to bring his dinner so he could eat at 4pm, at 3:30 he started staring at me, and at 3:55 he started whining at me and I didn’t clue in until I looked at the time and realized he was barking and crying @4:00 on the dot and walked over to the fridge at work, these dogs are SO smart!!! This was a few months ago that he came to work with me(was only 1 day he got to come but I won’t forget how he made sure he was fed @4pm).

Spoiled dogs get the best food(raw diet) just like my dogs. 😊

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Spoiled dogs get the best food(raw diet) just like my dog…….

I buy my raw from a Swiss Farmer who use to be in a high end butcher store. I bought 2 one pounders to try them out n both loved it. But at 3$ each would be costly. I gave the farmer a call n he said I can go straight to his place buy them. He stopped selling in stores n sells straight from his farm. I get them at 1.80$ each by going there n I support local. Both eat 3/4lb each per day plus the extras throughout the day like raw eggs, beans, apples, liver treats……Sadie gets just under 2lbs per day. She’ll be getting 1.5 soon cause she’s gets less exercises in the winter.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
All my dogs line up in the kitchen 1/2 hour before I normally feed them. They put pressure on me!
One day I’ll record Jake. He damm talks as soon as I put that film glove on. He hears the ruffle of the glove n he’s yapping away till his Mouth is in the bowl. 🤦‍♀️

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Spoiled dogs get the best food(raw diet) just like my dog…….

I buy my raw from a Swiss Farmer who use to be in a high end butcher store. I bought 2 one pounders to try them out n both loved it. But at 3$ each would be costly. I gave the farmer a call n he said I can go straight to his place buy them. He stopped selling in stores n sells straight from his farm. I get them at 1.80$ each by going there n I support local. Both eat 3/4lb each per day plus the extras throughout the day like raw eggs, beans, apples, liver treats……Sadie gets just under 2lbs per day. She’ll be getting 1.5 soon cause she’s gets less exercises in the winter.

That’s a big difference in cost for you.

One question for you, what does your dogs weigh that get 3/4 lb per day?

Rusty is 22lb, but was eating 1/2 lb per day for the first 6 months on raw, until the weather changed and he lost 1.5lb so I had to increase to 3/4 lb per day which did work until now, now he is 23 lb which is 1 lb overweight(needs to be 22 -22.5 lb is good ) I guess his metabolism is Changing with the weather?

He has been on raw for 9 months now, my other dogs who are 70lb they are lazy and eating 1 lb per day, that’s why Rusty has me confused cause my other dogs are lazy and he is playful more, I’m now trying 0.6 lb(2/3 lb) for Rusty daily.

You add raw eggs?? I have thought about doing that cause I see quail eggs at the pet store and I always wonder if they would like it, do you give your dogs the eggs for humans or from the pet store??

Do they eat the shell or do you only give the rest and no shell?

How often do you give them?

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Don’t buy eggs at a pet store you’re simply wasting your money……I have chickens on the acreage n they really run free, eat bugs etc….so do try to buy free range n not caged up. Or get 3 chickens in your backyard 👍

I break the egg in their meal shell n all. The shell has all the calcium n membrane. I do make sure to break the shell in smaller pieces for the Nyala n Jake. Sadie not too much. As she doesn’t inhale her food. They get eggs at least 3x per week.

Rule of thumb about 1 lb per 50lb dog weight. But thats for a normal active dog which most dogs aren’t especially winters n also depending on the breed. I don’t over feed them as they tend to gain in the winters. You judge for yourself as you know your dog.

Jake weighs about 60lbs so 3/4 only, Nyala 50 so 1/2-3/4 as she doesn’t seem to gain fast like Jake, n Sadie is nearly 100lb so now going to 1.5 a day. The extra’s are calculated as part of their meals. Yes sometimes it can overlap which is ok once in a while.

Bare in mind, don’t mean I watch what they eat they will out live their lifespans. At the end of the day, I try to keep them healthy but like humans it boils down to your genes. Eating healthy will definitely help a bit more.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Don’t buy eggs at a pet store you’re simply wasting your money……I have chickens on the acreage n they really run free, eat bugs etc….so do try to buy free range n not caged up. Or get 3 chickens in your backyard 👍

I break the egg in their meal shell n all. The shell has all the calcium n membrane. I do make sure to break the shell in smaller pieces for the Nyala n Jake. Sadie not too much. As she doesn’t inhale her food. They get eggs at least 3x per week.

Rule of thumb about 1 lb per 50lb dog weight. But thats for a normal active dog which most dogs aren’t especially winters n also depending on the breed. I don’t over feed them as they tend to gain in the winters. You judge for yourself as you know your dog.

Jake weighs about 60lbs so 3/4 only, Nyala 50 so 1/2-3/4 as she doesn’t seem to gain fast like Jake, n Sadie is nearly 100lb so now going to 1.5 a day. The extra’s are calculated as part of their meals. Yes sometimes it can overlap which is ok once in a while.

Bare in mind, don’t mean I watch what they eat they will out live their lifespans. At the end of the day, I try to keep them healthy but like humans it boils down to your genes. Eating healthy will definitely help a bit more.

The pet store has Quail Eggs (Big Country Raw brand Quail eggs) it comes it pack of 18 for $4.50. I am pretty sure they are free range.
I like the size of them, I find eggs here are expensive, and I worry a full egg from grocery store is too large for Rusty especially. How is it wasting $ by buying the quail eggs? My dogs also are allergic to chicken, so chicken eggs don’t work for our dog unfortunately(so many limitations for our dogs ☹️).
I don’t have any chickens and I don’t have room for any. Plus our dogs are really allergic.

Yes I know it’s 1 lb per 50 lb, but I guess Rusty’s metabolism is different so I will try 0.6 lb per day to see if that maintains his weight as that’s in the middle of the amount I was feeding him.
Same with our other dogs, very lazy dogs, so they get 1 lb per day(Luna needs 1.25 lb per day cause of the cancer is causing weight loss).

So 1 egg each 3x per week or do you give more than 1 every time they get it?

I haven’t fed any eggs to dogs before, not even raw eggs all new to me!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
4.50$ is cheap….try it….

Your dogs are allergic even to live chickens? Or I misread this….

I give them one egg each about every 3 days. It can happen if I’m working outside n found an egg outside somewhere as chickens can lay elsewhere especially in the summers , I will throw it to Sadie on the ground or give it in whole n watch her trying to crack it.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
4.50$ is cheap….try it….

Your dogs are allergic even to live chickens? Or I misread this….

I give them one egg each about every 3 days. It can happen if I’m working outside n found an egg outside somewhere as chickens can lay elsewhere especially in the summers , I will throw it to Sadie on the ground or give it in whole n watch her trying to crack it.

Do you think quail eggs are just as healthy? They are much smaller.
Should they be frozen? Or thaw only what they will get during 1 week?

Yes my dogs are allergic to live chickens, and the chicken eggs, feet and chicken hearts, everything chicken.

Is there any risk in your opinion on giving quail eggs or chicken eggs??

Are the quail eggs really healthy for the dogs? Should I give Rusty 1 quail egg 2-3 times a week(cause they are small) and 1-2 for my retrievers?

The quail eggs are (Big Country Raw brand Quail Eggs), incase you want to look it up.

Do I have to worry about them choking on the egg or swallowing it whole??

Here is a screenshot of the info on the website, it says 1 egg for 20 lb or less(Rusty is 22lb) and it’s Daily serving, so I actually have to give that many in a week? That seems like a lot to me, that’s why I’m asking and attached photos from the website for you to give your thoughts. Cause too often and too many is not good for them right?
1675059686992.png

1675059705050.png

Last edited:
OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Holy you’re a worry wart….breathe cause dogs pick up on humans vibes 👍

Eggs are Eggs, don’t worry about it. Follow the instructions for the weight of the dog. Does the instructions on the eggs says to feed from frozen? If so, do so. If it says to thaw out it will be easier to break the shell in smaller pieces. Mine you, the egg are already small 😁

3quail eggs basically will equal to one chicken egg.

1 egg is fine for Rusty forget his 2 extra pounds. Start with one egg for the first week. See how it goes if any allergies or soft stools. Following week add another egg. Take your time. Always better to monitor new food to any dog.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Holy you’re a worry wart….breathe cause dogs pick up on humans vibes 👍

Eggs are Eggs, don’t worry about it. Follow the instructions for the weight of the dog. Does the instructions on the eggs says to feed from frozen? If so, do so. If it says to thaw out it will be easier to break the shell in smaller pieces. Mine you, the egg are already small 😁

3quail eggs basically will equal to one chicken egg.

1 egg is fine for Rusty forget his 2 extra pounds. Start with one egg for the first week. See how it goes if any allergies or soft stools. Following week add another egg. Take your time. Always better to monitor new food to any dog.
LOL yes I think I do over worry when it comes to my dogs!
Oh I definitely know the dogs pick up on our energy, that’s why I try not to worry when there is something concerning going on with the dogs! Easier said than done especially for something serious(Like Luna for example and worry about Rusty’s airway).

There is so many ‘yes and no’ on google regarding raw eggs, so instead I just ask you on here cause of the misleading info on google that is there to scare people(some say you will poison the dogs if you give raw egg or cause biotin deficiency for example), which I think are just there to scare people. That’s why I ask here😊

I thought they aren’t good for people when you eat too many in a week or something, so I thought it was the same for Dogs.

FYI - I haven’t fed any raw eggs or actually any cooked eggs to the dogs before, so that’s very new to me and I want to make sure I do it right and make no mistake for the dogs health(why I wanted to be sure they can eat the whole egg and shell too, but I will break it up for Rusty so he doesn’t choke! )

It doesn’t say to thaw or feed frozen, it says you can feed it both ways(frozen and thaw), I guess I will thaw and try to break it up for them.

Ok I will give him 1 egg per week to start.

Yes I always monitor with anything I give to them, especially Rusty.

I have been putting it off for months to try the quail eggs for them cause of concern I will screw something up of how to give them and of giving them too much. But they are a good price for $4.50 for 18 quail eggs.

You make it seems so easy, probably cause you have been giving eggs to them for a long time? I’m sure you were unsure when you first started giving them? I’m just a over concerned/careful dog mom, especially with new things🙂👍

Thanks for the info/help😊 I do appreciate it.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
When it comes to food source, very rare I’m unsure what I feed my dogs or myself. Most of what I post is what I’ve tried, practicing n still ongoing. I would “never” post something I’m not sure as I will definitely ask. When it comes to essential oils, same thing n always tell readers if they’re not sure to ask me before doing anything. Oils can be dangerous. But if you follow the recipes or using them straight it most certainly can heal n it’s natural.

And yes better ask in here for advice as most members been there n done it with their dogs. 👍

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.