I have a question! 😂

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
It is about my daughters pup Kane who lives with a female rottie and 3 rag doll cats that he is around.
When he comes over to play he is almost constantly trying to mount mostly his brother Frank. The other dogs are all wrestling and running and as soon as he can he will mount Frank and start humping 😂😂😂. It’s like all he wAnts to do. Frank will turn and try to get him off then go back to playing with Bella or my sons dog Capone. They all kind of ignore Kane. Frank goes for Capone, Capone goes for Bella and Bella is pretty much trying to get away from the two of them. It’s kind of funny to watch but he is relentless. His hips have to hurt when he leaves. Why does he do this? And should we try to stop him and again how?
Frankie does try to do it to me or my husband once in a while. Seems mostly when he is tired. Mostly in the evenings just before bed.
Any advice welcomed!!
The pups will be six months old on December 10th.

Attachments

• 8CE1D042-44C0-44D2-A2BB-7C75276CA380.jpeg
    8CE1D042-44C0-44D2-A2BB-7C75276CA380.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
That is usually around the age when they start the humping. Yes, tell him no and stop him. Jax used to always hump his giant Lamp Chop stuffy lol. Humping can be hormones (most likely at that age) or dominance. Jax will hump the girls and sometimes even Louie but it is a dominance thing. Jax stopped the hormonal humping after he got neutered.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That is usually around the age when they start the humping. Yes, tell him no and stop him. Jax used to always hump his giant Lamp Chop stuffy lol. Humping can be hormones (most likely at that age) or dominance. Jax will hump the girls and sometimes even Louie but it is a dominance thing. Jax stopped the hormonal humping after he got neutered.
He has done it since we got them home at 11 weeks. His tail is wagging pretty much all the time. Even when he is trying to mount someone. Lol

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
It is about my daughters pup Kane who lives with a female rottie and 3 rag DLL cats that he is around.
When he comes over to play he is almost constantly trying to mount mostly his brother Frank. The other dogs are all wrestling and running and as soon as he can he will mount Frank and start humping 😂😂😂. It’s like all he wAnts to do. Frank will turn and try to get him off then go back to playing with Bella or my sons dog Capone. They all kind of ignore Kane. Frank goes for Capone, Capone goes for Bella and Bella is pretty much trying to get away from the two of them. It’s kind of funny to watch but he is relentless. His hips have to hurt when he leaves. Why does he do this? And should we try to stop him and again how?
Frankie does try to do it to me or my husband once in a while. Seems mostly when he is tired. Mostly in the evenings just before bed.
Any advice welcomed!!
The pups will be six months old on December 10th.

Getting them neutered is what stopped my French Bulldog from humping my 2 other dogs. But it’s good to wait to neuter until they are 18-24 months, at least 1 year if you can before neutering.

I would try for now, to say “OFF!” Or “NO” and make him get off and sit.

They do that sometimes for play and dominance.

When you tell him NO and get him off, try to get his mind onto playing with a toy or something, or teach him a command to watch you like “look” or “watch me” and reward when he looks up at you. It helps teach them to pay attention to you, which can get them to listen to you more.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He's a happy boy :LOL:
Very happy!!
He is so smart too!
He will sit, shake with both paws, lay down and roll over!
Frank will only sit and lay down.

Bella will sit (but only if she wants too!) 😂😂😂

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Neutering does not stop humping it’s a dominant act. Our 11 year old still does it he’s been fixed for 10 yeast
It’s strange because he only does it to his brother. He doesn’t try it with Bella or his sister (rottie) at his house. ONLY Frank. He has slowed it down a little but still does do it. They will be a year old in a week. Frank also how does it to kane once in a while.
Frank hasn’t done it to anyone at our house. As a matter of fact Bella has done it to Frank a few times.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.