cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION], i think it will vary from bully to bully. I recall @Alice Kable ( i think it was), mentioning something like 1 year or something crazy like that til her bully threw up something he had swallowed. Hopefully Blue will pass the squeaker sooner than later though. Just keep watching as I know you already are!

Last edited:
OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] According to my hubs, I'm on bullie :poo: duty (checking each :poo: for the squeaker ) since this happened "on my watch".

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION], if one of mine swallowed a baby bird, I'd freak out like nobody's business! my goodness!! :w00t:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@2BullyMama 7 days??! holy ****!
@ddnene a baby bird??!!

:eek:

This is such a crazy storyā€¦ I was on my phone & my daughter said that they dogs were playing w/a bird. I was like "oh that's niceā€¦ WHAT a bird?!! :eek: So I see feathers flying in the air, I run outside & I see Bella has a bird in her mouthā€¦ I yell for her to "DROP IT" so what does she do?!! She swallows itā€¦ I call my hubby who is out of town (of course) in a vehicle & has me on speaker phone. I'm freaking outā€¦ "BELLA ATE A LIVE BABY BIRDā€¦" He's like, well dogs eat birdsā€¦ and I hear all the men laughing in the background. I call my vet tech friend & she tells me if we induce vomiting it can be dangerous because of aspiration and the bones of the bird could tear up her esophagus. So I watch her like a hawk for a weekā€¦ NOTHING!!! Then one day my son picks her up & rocks her like a baby. Puts her down & she vomits this HUGE grey massā€¦ :barf: it was the bird, bones and all. I swear these DOGS sometimesā€¦

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This is such a crazy storyā€¦ I was on my phone & my daughter said that they dogs were playing w/a bird. I was like "oh that's niceā€¦ WHAT a bird?!! :eek: So I see feathers flying in the air, I run outside & I see Bella has a bird in her mouthā€¦ I yell for her to "DROP IT" so what does she do?!! She swallows itā€¦ I call my hubby who is out of town (of course) in a vehicle & has me on speaker phone. I'm freaking outā€¦ "BELLA ATE A LIVE BABY BIRDā€¦" He's like, well dogs eat birdsā€¦ and I hear all the men laughing in the background. I call my vet tech friend & she tells me if we induce vomiting it can be dangerous because of aspiration and the bones of the bird could tear up her esophagus. So I watch her like a hawk for a weekā€¦ NOTHING!!! Then one day my son picks her up & rocks her like a baby. Puts her down & she vomits this HUGE grey massā€¦ :barf: it was the bird, bones and all. I swear these DOGS sometimesā€¦

OMG... :faint: YOU WIN!

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG... :faint: YOU WIN!

Well she also ate these decorative starfish that I had on a tray on my brand new coffee table (that I didn't realize she could reachā€¦). She ate about 3 of them, and I called my vet in a panicā€¦ when starfish get wet they actually become extremely soft, so they came out :poo:. I swear Bella kept me on my toesā€¦ :p

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Blue sounds like Bella. This is the second time he's swallowed something he shouldn't have, and he's only one!

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@ddnene Blue sounds like Bella. This is the second time he's swallowed something he shouldn't have, and he's only one!

My hubby & I were just laughing about all the crazy things that Ms. Bella didā€¦ she didn't eat NON food objects though. I guess in the wild she could possibly eat a bird, and the vet told me that Bella could smell the starfish in those decorative things. She was such a hot messā€¦ LOL

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Thanks everyone.

His vet hasn't called back yet -but he's acting normal so I guess I'm just going to watch him for the next few days. Should I be concerned if he's fine but doesn't pass it right away? I mean how long is it acceptable to wait?
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] yep! I have the number of the nearest 24/7 emergency vet clinic here. Hoping I never need to use it though.
I hope not too but with these babie it is good to Have handy. I would keep calling the vet until someone answers you.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Just found this post. Ruggles had a Beanie Baby in and out of his stomach for a month. He would barf it up and eat it again at night, so I wasn't sure what it was. Finally he puked it up, it was early morning light but I clearly saw "Wormy". Of course he had eaten again by the time I got outside, so I woke up his vet in the wee morning hours and took him in for a forced puke.

Mack had eaten a piece of a Humunga Tongue toy. He had the runs during the night and the next day and pooped out several pieces of the toy. With what I had fished out of his mouth I thought I had it all. It ended up with Mack getting a colon resection over a year later. There was a piece he couldn't pass, it stayed in his colon and rotted a few inches of his colon. He ate, pooped, went on walks, played--all normal until he started puking everything up, couldn't keep anything down. This was 9 months after he ate the toy. Took him to the vet, x-rays, barium, etc. nothing showed up. They chalked it up to a sensitive stomach. 3&1/2 months later he started puking everything again, repeated all tests and the foreign matter had corroded enough that the barium picked it up. He had the surgery. He was 3 and a real trooper. If we would have had a forced puke done right away when he ate part of the toy we would have saved him pain and us worry and money. Mack passed on when he was 9 years old. [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION]

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
As a bartender, my hands are always wet and get very dry. I bought those little white cotton gloves and some Aquafina (kind of like vasaline) for when I went to bed to help moisturize them. I had a bad habit of pulling them off in my sleep and not knowing it. About 3 years ago, I woke up with no gloves, no big deal right?? I looked all over for the other one glove that was lost in bed somewhere, not to be found. 3 Days later, Vegas starts hurling in the living room, out comes my glove :yikes: I had NO idea he had ate it!!! Not only did he throw up the glove he spent the next 3 days with severe diarrhea due to all the lotion he had in his system!! Thank Gawd he threw it up, because I would have had NO idea what was wrong with him. I tell you these bully's certainly keep us on our toes!! lol, just keep poop watch, I bet it will pass, prayers that it will!!!

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I think the sock incident was Monica? Sheena was the underwear if I'm correct?!! Christine dealt w/the rockā€¦ Good Grief!!!

Lmao!! It was me... Ive had the panties, sock, dishrag, head band.... Shes a goat!!! lol Well the peroxide worked great the first two times. But she like got immuned to it. So I just had to keep an eye on her. It was 5 to 7 days before she puked them up. I hope he can puke it up soon. Any questions feel free to ask :)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.