Experiences with Librela?

Lunabully

May 25, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
My vet suggested Librela for my soon to be 9 year oldā€™s arthritis. She said it was recently approved in the U.S. and has been considered extremely safe and highly effective - almost a miracle drug.

It is basically a monoclonal antibody injection (received monthly) that supposedly attacks/masks the things that cause arthritic pain.

That sounded great until I started digging deeper and finding first hand stories that painting a much scarier pictureā€¦ there is a 30k person Facebook group that I found dedicated to Librela experiences that has story after story about their dogs declining rapidly and in many cases needing euthanasia after receiving a dose of Librela.

Now I donā€™t think it is worth the risk.

Any of you have experience giving Librela to your bulldog?

To be honest, I never heard of it. I always use turmeric paste
1712693202584.jpeg

No experience but I like to give turmeric paste and green lipped mussel powder for joints. My senior Frenchie also gets CBD oil as well.

My vet suggested Librela for my soon to be 9 year oldā€™s arthritis. She said it was recently approved in the U.S. and has been considered extremely safe and highly effective - almost a miracle drug.

It is basically a monoclonal antibody injection (received monthly) that supposedly attacks/masks the things that cause arthritic pain.

That sounded great until I started digging deeper and finding first hand stories that painting a much scarier pictureā€¦ there is a 30k person Facebook group that I found dedicated to Librela experiences that has story after story about their dogs declining rapidly and in many cases needing euthanasia after receiving a dose of Librela.

I heard about it in the UK but it wasn't yet available here. I thought it might be good for Buster. I then did some reading and like you, decided that was a definite non-starter. No way would I risk my dog.

i wouldnā€˜t give chemicals to my dogs. But thatā€™s me. Stick to the turmeric paste Christine posted. Librela has bad sided effects like urinary tract infection, bacterial skin infection, and dermatitis. Youā€™re risking adding more health issues.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.
Back