Help Needed! Chin acne

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Her mom was pretty lean too maybe just good genes ? I say this now and then when she gets fixed she will be a fat lump lololololol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. [emoji190][emoji252]

Oh you might be right!! As I recall.....after Joey got fixed she put on weight steadily. She NEVER gets and people food, she gets only small healthy snacks, has play time every day, AND she still is pretty big. But the vet said not overweight, thank goodness!!!

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
Oh you might be right!! As I recall.....after Joey got fixed she put on weight steadily. She NEVER gets and people food, she gets only small healthy snacks, has play time every day, AND she still is pretty big. But the vet said not overweight, thank goodness!!!

Fran gets 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup at night. She comes to work and can let herself into the lunch room where she usually stays posted when my coworkers are in there because she knows they will feed her. She really likes Doritos lol

nessiesnow

Jan 11, 2018
MICHIGAN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
DAISY
Hi everyone ! So Fran constantly has chin acne. I use chlorehexidine wipes and cream on her, wipe her after she drinks, everything you could think of and It doesnā€™t go away! Just now at work she was chewing a toy and i noticed she was bleeding! Idk what to do for It. Itā€™s like her chin is so fragile It just busts open and bleeds all the time. I know a round of antibiotics would temporarily clear It up but It always comes back? Any experience or suggestions for this is appreciated!

You could try cleaning and drying it good then applying aqua-phor.

- - - Updated - - -

You could try cleaning and drying well then apply aqua-phor.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
You could try cleaning and drying it good then applying aqua-phor.

- - - Updated - - -

You could try cleaning and drying well then apply aqua-phor.

Just looked up aqua-phor and looks great, no zinc......I think I'm stealing that idea too. The more things that I have on hand the better.....THANKS!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes thatā€™s the only frustrating thing with wipes is that It adds unwanted moisture ! And by the time Iā€™m done wiping fran down -like sheā€™s an antique hot rod car - sheā€™s pissed and doesnā€™t want to sit still while i fan her lol spoiled little brat! I just keep the treats flowing. Iā€™ve also just started flushing her eyes at night (which she hates) and thatā€™s more wetness! I feel like i have to roll her in flour like a chicken cutlet to keep her dry hahahahaha

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: roll in flour!! LOL LOL... cracking up at my desk!!

Dry, dry, dry..... it is a phase and will pass

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=17299]megskee[/MENTION] Fran the chicken cutlet OMG!:laugh::ROFL::ROFL:

Mutsch Harvesting

Jan 1, 2016
SOUTH Dakota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brosco
Buy copper eating bowls
Helps a lot
Cleaned brosco right up but so does products mentioned here
Or maybe his age did. But it helped when it happened. The water bowl is also copper and th ebackwash is terrible so his dish is cleaned a lot after he drinks

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Buy copper eating bowls
Helps a lot
Cleaned brosco right up but so does products mentioned here
Or maybe his age did. But it helped when it happened. The water bowl is also copper and th ebackwash is terrible so his dish is cleaned a lot after he drinks

Hope inside is stainless of lacquered! Copper inside for eating only is NOT good! Water is not acidic but food is...
Acidic substances, such as certain dog foods, could leach copper. Basically do your homework on cooper IF itā€™s the food bowl.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I think some people here [MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] like the Norwex silver microfibre towels for acne or equivalent eg. UberGreen https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F68T33K/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

yep :) and what is actually very economical is just getting the "Quickie" microfiber towles at home depot (the blue ones) ... warm water 1/2 the rag and spray with the silver and wipe down the face and folds. then i give a quick wipe down with the dry side aft and does the trick. I also, if he gets into something that is irritating to his folds use Dollys Owner's method with the malasab shampoo dab, and rince off. Works like a charm when needed.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Duke was loaded with acne 2weeks ago. I would say itā€™s half gone. Got this cream from the vet for Nyala when she was a yr old n had some left over to use on Duke. Works well...the vet told me itā€™s like polysporine the cream one but the vet one is a tad strong...so got me thinking...yup I do that at times....what if I get polysporin n add tea tree!?!?!? Tea tree will kill all. I was using tea tree on a oxy pad but he got a bit too red. White face dogā€™s pigmentation is more sensitive that colour face. Works on Nyala but I dropped it for Duke. Now if I mix a couple drops in polysporin cream Iā€™m sure it will work . Iā€™ll keep you all posted... We need to remember, itā€™s the age factor...went through this with my Dobermans, GS, Nyala, husky etc.

AA784EE5-EC0B-4288-AD82-12BA536EEE5C.jpeg

Mutsch Harvesting

Jan 1, 2016
SOUTH Dakota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brosco
Hope inside is stainless of lacquered! Copper inside for eating only is NOT good! Water is not acidic but food is...
Acidic substances, such as certain dog foods, could leach copper. Basically do your homework on cooper IF itā€™s the food bowl.

Inside is smooth stuff I just checked after panic attack so it must be sealed
I did not know this

Members online