Puppy chin acne

BarbaraShepperson

May 17, 2022
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Lea
Hi all,
Our 7 mo. old girl is having an ongoing issue with chin acne. She has had it for about two months. We keep bowls and face clean, and have tried wrinkle balm, brushing teeth, changing food, colostrum, and several other remedies. It is now worse than ever. Everything else with her skin and fur is wonderful. Anyone have any experience with this issue and have holistic suggestions for clearing it up?
Thank you!
Robert and Barbara

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Ours had this problem for a few months, it sounds like youā€™ve tried what we did though. We were able to clear it up by:
  • Switched from a plastic slow bowl to a stainless bowl
  • Change her water more often, washing bowl with soap twice a day
  • Washed food bowl immediately after sheā€™s done eating (when we would forget it came back)
  • Wash her chin very well after every meal. At this point, doing this for a few months now, she comes over and stacks when sheā€™s done eating until someone washes her face
  • Applied acne cream with a qtip directly to the spot for a few days. Benzoyl Peroxide
  • For a little bit I was also applying nose butter (like bag balm) to her chin after drying it. But we stopped doing this after her chin cleared up and it hasnā€™t come back

Last edited:

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi all,
Our 7 mo. old girl is having an ongoing issue with chin acne. She has had it for about two months. We keep bowls and face clean, and have tried wrinkle balm, brushing teeth, changing food, colostrum, and several other remedies. It is now worse than ever. Everything else with her skin and fur is wonderful. Anyone have any experience with this issue and have holistic suggestions for clearing it up?
Thank you!
Robert and Barbara

I use Natural Dog company Wrinkle Balm, it works good for maintenance.

There is a product called Skin Ease made by Riva Remedies, I havenā€™t tried it for my dogs yet, but I hear TONS of great progress from people. Itā€™s chickweed, plantain and calendula I think if I remember correctly(itā€™s supposed to help improve the skin, and helps conditions including Acne), just a suggestion as you want a holistic option.

Also colloidal silver is a good thing to spray on it for itā€™s anti bacterial and anti fungal properties.

Hope he improves soon!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.