Best dry food

Kellybulldog11

New member
Joined
Oct 23, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly & GusGus
Hello I have a 5yr old English bulldog named Holly Jolly. I changed Her dry dog food to pedigree. I am noticing that she is extra itchy , dry skin , more wax and yeast in her ears and paws. She has the stinky paws and stinky ears. What is a healthy and good dry dog food to switch her to?
 
Pedigree is not a good food at all.

If wanting/needing to feed kibble look at Open Farm and Zingnature. Try to avoid chicken as a lot of bulldogs have issues with processed chicken. Try duck or turkey
 
Pickle has alway eaten and enjoyed Nature’s Logic for her kibble. I also have Hills Diet C/D as she’s prone to UTIs.

​

 
Pickle has alway eaten and enjoyed Nature’s Logic for her kibble. I also have Hills Diet C/D as she’s prone to UTIs.

​

You don’t want to use anything from Hills either. To control UTI’s try a few drops in the drinking water of Oil of Oregano. Not the one you cook with nor the essential oil.

In the USA this šŸ‘‡ is a good brand. Use it every other day in the water for maintenance throughout the year.

Btw, it’s for humans but dogs can also us it. It’s mother nature’s antibiotic!

 
Pedigree is not a good food at all.

If wanting/needing to feed kibble look at Open Farm and Zingnature. Try to avoid chicken as a lot of bulldogs have issues with processed chicken. Try duck or turkey
Thank you. I will look these up on chewy now
 
I personally would not feed Pedigree or anything from a grocery store. I feed First Mate for breakfast and Open Farm for dinner and have had no issues.
 
I have used Zignature in the past, and Farmina, both grain free, and my dogs have done well on both of them.
 
Basically the brands to avoid are…….

Royal Canine
Science Hill
Anything made by Purina
Walmart Brands
 
It sounds like the food change could be causing some skin issues for Holly Jolly. I’ve had a similar experience with my dog, and switching to a higher-quality food helped a lot. I’d recommend trying something like Blue Buffalo or Wellness, which have formulas for dogs with skin sensitivities. They’re usually gentler on the stomach and skin. You could also try a limited ingredient diet to figure out if there’s something specific that’s causing the issue. If it doesn't improve, a vet might be able to help narrow things down.
 
It sounds like the food change could be causing some skin issues for Holly Jolly. I’ve had a similar experience with my dog, and switching to a higher-quality food helped a lot. I’d recommend trying something like Blue Buffalo or Wellness, which have formulas for dogs with skin sensitivities. They’re usually gentler on the stomach and skin. You could also try a limited ingredient diet to figure out if there’s something specific that’s causing the issue. If it doesn't improve, a vet might be able to help narrow things down.
I personally wouldn’t go with Blue Buffalo or Wellness and even less with Royal Canine, Science Hill, Purina’s brand or any chain store brands.

If kibbles is your thing, then go with………

Acana
Zignature
Open Farm
Merrick
Stella & Chewy’s freeze dry
 
I stop feeding pedigree since last years,
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top