Help Needed! Anyone familiar w/Demodex Mange?!! Walter was just diagnosed...

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Ja of course, I totally get that new spots makes you feel down:( I think it will all be fine though, it hasn't been long since you started the treatment so I'm sure things are normal and right on track:)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Tracey, [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Go to the feed store -or order online. NuStock will give money back if it does not cure mange. I have used it for many things!

Maruko

Feb 24, 2014
Dallas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maruko
Well I thought I would post an update on Walter's mange...

We've been doing the antibiotics, weekly baths and putting rub on his spots. Now it looks like he has another spot coming :( UGH… I just can't seem to win… :gloom:

Maruko had Mange when she was about 4 mos old. It stayed localized, but the vet prescribed three rounds of Ivermectin taking orally. It took us about two months to finally see good result. It's a long fighting process for Demodex Mange, but it will get better! I have done some researches when she had mange, and read that Ivermectin is the best medicine that really helps mange, if the situation is not bad enough, avoid dips or medicated bath because it could actually hurt their delicate skins and lower their immune system. Our vet never supported us to bath her with benzoyl peroxide, it will make their skin really dry. I insisted to use them as I read good results online, so I was recommended to bath her with regular shampoo and use medicated shampoo in between.

I still remember how worried I was and everyday I would google all kinds of articles about mange, but my vet was very confident that he will get this problem under controlled by just Ivermectin, and it did! I used Douxo pad to clean the bold and red area for Maruko everyday and kept the area clean and dry at all times. Try to make Walter to ignore these spots to avoid secondary infection.

I started to give her Nuvet when mange was found, also took her out more for exercising and getting some sunlight everyday, but avoided getting in contact with grass except potty time. We kept her happy and avoided stressed situations. I also started adding fish oil to her food.

I hope Walter gets better soon, dealing with mange is very stressful! Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.